Need help getting some games setup on Basilisk II

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Jennymp3
Space Cadet

Need help getting some games setup on Basilisk II

Post by Jennymp3 »

Hello everyone,

So in an effort to play some of the games I played as a child on our family's Mac on my Windows 7 Laptop (In particular Short Circuit, Ocean Bound, Factory, Monkey Shines and Boom) I have managed to get Basilisk II working with Mac OS 7.5.3 and have also managed to install the Stuffit Expander.

I've so far got Ocean Bound, Factory and Monkey Shines on the Mac, but when I open Ocean Bound and Factory it keeps saying that the application has unexpectedly closed due to an error of type 3 having occured.

When I try to open Monkey Shines it says "This application requires installation of the "CFM-68K Runtime Enabler""

The Boom file is a .dmg file and I have no idea what to do with that, and the Short Circuit file I downloaded from MacIntosh Gardens is a .hqx file that, when expanded, is just a readme file.

Is anyone able to help me get these up and running? I'm so close to being able to re-live my childhood. Thanks in advance.

(On the plus side, I found the desktop pattern we used to have, number 6, and this makes me insanely happy for some reason)
Jennymp3
Space Cadet

Re: Need help getting some games setup on Basilisk II

Post by Jennymp3 »

Okay, I quit Basilisk II and the went back in and now both Factory and Ocean Bound work.

It would still be nice if I could get the other games working.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

.dmg is a MacOSX specific disk image format. The version of BOOM on it will probably not run in BasiliskII. Try one of the older versions from here: http://www.factor-software.com/download-boom.php

The short-circuit-13.hqx file from Macintosh Garden contains both a ReadMe file and the Short Circuit application. Decode the file inside BasiliskII using Stuffit Expander.
TiddK
Granny Smith

Post by TiddK »

You do know there are OS X versions of BOOM don't you? I've only ever played it in OS X