Follow up and what I did this morning. Redoing a install in another directory.
Except this time I do not install http://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/os753/
in 753 volume
but made use of: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/macos-753-emulators
one indicated in post by 24bit.
GTK Lib was already installed since day 1.
1) Zip extract of BasiliskII_15_01_2010 (from "Always start with this download:" ... )
2) Zip extract BasiliskII_20-02-2015
3) Accept overwriting Basilisk II (made it explicit to ask first in winzip)
4) Zip extract of System70_boot
5) Zip extract of SDL-1.2.13-win32 (where sdl file is one hour later, same date, as file in BII directory)
6) Accept overwrite
7) Zip extract of MacOS753.dsk_
8) Prepare setup with BIIGUI (I now set use raw keycodes at first setup)
volumes are System70_boot and MacOS753
9) Run BII in 7.1 OK
10) I check keyboards in system file on 7.1... (did not do this until now)
Interesting result: I see 7 keyboards layouts: Deutsch, Deutsch Schweiz, Español, France, France - numérique, Italiano, Suisse Romand
Note: NO US, UK keyboards! NONE.
Note: All keyboard files are named in native language, not English.
11) I shutdown, go to BIIGUI and remove System70_boot. Leave only MacOS753
12) Restart BII and boot in 7.5.3 (so doing this I do not make the update but use 7.5.3 dsk provided)
13) I go check keyboards in system file on 7.5.3...
I see them all but all named in English.
The original keyboard files of 7.1 were not preserved whoever made this 7.5.3 update.
But their equivalent are there.
So I test if I can now switch keyboards.
Go to system folder - control panel - keyboard and ....
I see same list of keyboard as in all my other attempts in scroll down choice!
Note: I see this box (ticked) "Use Command-Option-Space bar to rotate trough keyboard layouts" I saw before.
Could it be that using this command (what is equivalent on PC??
) would give me the "next" list of keyboard choices?IS THIS the point where I'm blocked since the begin?
The keyboards are there, but maybe none of you BII experts realized dummy user me did not know how to Use Command-Option-Space bar to rotate trough keyboard layouts??
I see only the list of FIRST EIGHT? (1 bit per keyboard?) and how you do rotate this list and see the others?
And where do you do this command?
Here in system folder or when in a text to type? And how on a Windows PC?
This is not clear at all and very Apple.EDITED:
I found this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -macintosh
And applied CTRL+ALT+SPACE BAR when in keyboard tool. Nothing did happen.
I stop here and wait for your feedback.
Must be THIS the issue.