Building Basilisk II in MinGW under Windows

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

emendelson
Forum All-Star

Building Basilisk II in MinGW under Windows

Post by emendelson »

Following the excellent guide, I was able to set up MinGW and Msys and build SDL, but I'm having trouble with Basilisk II. When I try to ./configure, I get this error message:

checking whether VirtualProtect works... no
configure: error: Sorry, Windows VM functions don't work as expected on your system.

Is that possibly because I'm doing this under 64-bit Windows 10? Or is there an easy fix?

And is it necessary (under Windows) to build BII before building SheepShaver (which is my actual goal here)?
darthnvader
Mac Mechanic

Re: Building Basilisk II in MinGW under Windows

Post by darthnvader »

emendelson wrote:Following the excellent guide, I was able to set up MinGW and Msys and build SDL, but I'm having trouble with Basilisk II. When I try to ./configure, I get this error message:

checking whether VirtualProtect works... no
configure: error: Sorry, Windows VM functions don't work as expected on your system.

Is that possibly because I'm doing this under 64-bit Windows 10? Or is there an easy fix?

And is it necessary (under Windows) to build BII before building SheepShaver (which is my actual goal here)?
I don't think you need to build BII to build SS, but I think SS uses the slirp code from the BII source DIR.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Building Basilisk II in MinGW under Windows

Post by emendelson »

Thank you for that. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same error message when building SS under 32-bit Windows 7, so any advice on building in MinGW would be welcome. (Maybe the best advice is "Try it under Cygwin"?)