Execuutor- Date Modified not correct?

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Binder
Tinkerer

Execuutor- Date Modified not correct?

Post by Binder »

I have noticed when modifying a file in Executor, it those not update the file modification date. For example if you open a text file, make some changes, close the file, the modified date is not changed. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Binder
Tinkerer

Post by Binder »

Anybody using executor :(
Can anyone at least confirm if this happens on there computer?

Thanks.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I installed Executor recently. I will try it out later when i have 5 minuets and get back to you.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I just tried modifying a text file in Tex-Edit and the modified date did change.
Binder
Tinkerer

Post by Binder »

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for trying it out. I went over everything I did again. It works o.k. if working within executor, but not when working off an hvf disk image. I used hfvexplorer and created a 10mb image. I then put the image in the main Executor directory. When restarting Executor it now has access to this image. Working on a file in the image dose not seem to update.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

Well, I just plonked a text file in Executors Apps: directory and used that, which will probably explain why it worked.

Maybe it is some limitation of HFV, or executors ability to access HFV files.

How do you access an HFV file in executor? I'm sure I did it a few years ago, but now can't remember.
Binder
Tinkerer

Post by Binder »

Just put the hfv image in the Executor directory (typically c:\program files\Executor\) When you lunch Executor, click on File cabinet icon to access the hfv image.