BasiliskII OSX full screen capable build available

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Cat_7
Expert User

BasiliskII OSX full screen capable build available

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Thanks to our forum member vasi we now have the capability also to run BasiliskII full screen in OSX (for now, Intel ONLY) :lol:

The build is available here:
http://www.open.ou.nl/hsp/downloads/Bas ... Screen.zip

Best wishes,

Cat_7
Last edited by Cat_7 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatekeeper201
Space Cadet

Post by Gatekeeper201 »

Hey, thanks for posting this, but unfortunately when I tried to open the build after opening it immediately quit on me. I tried opening it several more time and even tried downloading it again but with the same result. I open it then it immediately closes; no error message or anything.

Anything you can do about this?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Are you running Tiger or Leopard? I have some new builds prepared but would like them tested before making them public just so I can prevent these errors you and some others are reporting. So, bare with me a few days and we'll see if there will be some new build.

Best wishes,
Cat_7
Gatekeeper201
Space Cadet

Post by Gatekeeper201 »

I have a MacBook Pro running OS X Leopard 10.5.6, the latest version Apple has released.

I look forward to seeing what these new builds can do.
Renegade
Student Driver

Post by Renegade »

Hi,

I've been testing this build, and have to report that it's pretty unstable. It crashes by suddenly closing.

Plus, there's a soundmanager error (-200) when running the game "Odyssey: the Legende of Nemesis".

I'll step back to build 07/18/2008 build for now :wink:

Bye,

Renegade
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I updated the build linked to in the first post. BasiliskII should now run in both Tiger and Leopard (intel only!) with full screen options.

Best,
Cat_7
Alex Hosmer
Space Cadet

Re: Any other changes associated with Full Screen Release?

Post by Alex Hosmer »

Let me start by saying thank you for everyone's hard work on BasiliskII.

I wanted to know if there are other changes/improvements associated with this build. I noticed the size of the application became much larger 2.2mb to 3.6mb. Thanks for your time.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

There are no changes besides the full screen ability in OSX.
The reason the application grew is that it now includes a copy of the SDL framework. It seems this is the Apple-preferred way of binding in files applications rely on.

Best,
Cat_7
biofus
Space Cadet

Hmm

Post by biofus »

Hello! For me this port works, but I cannot see how to make it full screen. When I run it, it starts in 640/480 window mode with no "options" in the menu. Cannot change the resolution from inside. But the change of colors works perfectly. I'm with intel MacBook OS 10.5.6
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

If you download the GUI from http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects ... 05.tar.bz2 you will find that you can change the resolution. On the Graphics/Sound tab, if you set the video type to full screen and both horizontal and vertical to maximum, you will get full screen.

Best wishes,
Cat_7
biofus
Space Cadet

Thanks

Post by biofus »

Yes, thank you very much! Now everything works fine ... pretty stable, no crashes for now. Thanks for the superfast answer!
Gatekeeper201
Space Cadet

Still crashes

Post by Gatekeeper201 »

Maybe I'm missing something that I don't know about, but unfortunately every version of the Basilisk 2 build from here that I've tried have had the same problem; the application crashes almost instantly after I launch it. I've tried the same things as before, trashing the first copy, redowloading it and trying again but still with the same results.

Other people have seemed to be able to use this build with little or no problems, but I haven't been so lucky with it. Is there someone who can make another build or figure out what I'm doing wrong so I can I can correct it?

As before, I'm using a MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz, with the newest Apple software release v. 10.5.7. If anyone needs more info in order to help me solve this problem just let me know.

Thanks!
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Did you download the GUI from the developers website as I referenced three post above? If so, what settings have you made?

The obvious questions would be:
-What rom file are you using
-What installation medium are you using
-Are you attempting a fresh install of Mac OS in BasiliskII

And please guide us through the steps you took so far.

Best,
Cat_7
bamdad
Tinkerer

Post by bamdad »

hi everybody,

i've experienced problems with this build, mainly sound lag and stutter issues. the previous build (july, 2008) has no such problems. neither does the fullscreen-capable build of sheepshaver. (on my computer, at least.. :))

so if somebody has the same problems, i suggest downgrading to the previous build.

also, if a better programmer than me could look at the code, i'd be eternally grateful. :)

bamdad