Can i install Mac os x DP4 on PearPC?

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

didi7
Space Cadet

Can i install Mac os x DP4 on PearPC?

Post by didi7 »

I downloaded Mac os x DP4 install disc,i tried to install it,but it couldn't boot.
The user book said,"You must install Mac os 9 before",but I couldn't install Mac os 9 on PearPC....
Who can help me?
By the way,Who has Mac os x Public Beta install disc?i want to install this,Thank you very much..... :mrgreen:
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I guess you're stuck: sheepshaver can run Mac OS 9, but not OS X, and I think PearpPC can't boot below OSX 10.2 :cry:
We don't swap software here.

Best,
Cat_7
didi7
Space Cadet

Post by didi7 »

8O Oh my god.I'm very sorry to hear that.But i see someone install Mac os x 10.1 on PearPC? :lol:
Galane
Tinkerer

Post by Galane »

Back when PearPC was in active development, I installed 10.0 then the 10.1.x updates. It was extremely slow on the PC I had then.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Were you really able to get 10.0 installed? I am under the impression that 10.1 is as low as PearPC goes.
fanman93
Granny Smith

Post by fanman93 »

Looks like we might have to take a look at previous releases.
McIntosh
Tinkerer

Post by McIntosh »

huh. Mac OS X DP mightrun on SheepShaver.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

No MacOS sytem later than 9.0.4, including any OSX version, will run in SheepShaver. SheepShaver does not emulate the necessary hardware.
sohal231
Space Cadet

Post by sohal231 »

Hello everyone...I have a one question please tell me is there any way install MAC operating on normal PC?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hello, and welcome!

There are many ways to install a Mac OS on a PC. You can do this through the help of another program and then it's called emulation (that's what we are about) and by installing the latest Mac OS X directly on your PC.

The emulators we run allow for the old Mac OS-ses to run on our Windows, Linux and Mac OS X machines. But if you want to run the latest Mac OS X directly on your PC, you'll have to look elsewhere. Good places to start are:
http://www.insanelymac.com (they have an extensive hardware list you can check whether your PC would allow OS X to run)
http://www.tonymacx86.com (they have convenient cd rom images, called iBoot, that allow you to start the installation of Mac OS X)

Best,
Cat_7
CoplAUXX
Student Driver

Re:

Post by CoplAUXX »

Cat_7 wrote:I guess you're stuck: sheepshaver can run Mac OS 9, but not OS X, and I think PearpPC can't boot below OSX 10.2 :cry:
Maybe if PearPC also emulates a Memory Management Unit, you could run Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X DP4 under SheepShaver on Mac OS X 10.4 running under PearPC.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Re:

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

CoplAUXX wrote:Maybe if PearPC also emulates a Memory Management Unit, you could run Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X DP4 under SheepShaver on Mac OS X 10.4 running under PearPC.
:?:
Mac OS X DP4 will not run in SheepShaver, regardless where SheepShaver runs.