Login  •  Register

The time is now: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:39 pm 
Space Cadet

Over the last three days I have wrestled with an old copy of mac (OS9 something) and sheepshaver to get some old instrument software running at work. Finally, after I had sheepshaver and OS9 working (only took me about 5 hours including download time and reading of manuals over three days), :idea: I had a stroke of genius/committed utter sacrilege. :twisted: Our department holds a Mickysoft version of the program, so I installed crossover and within 5 minutes I had the instrument running again.

The lesson? Don't get hung up on making mac software work when crossover and Mickysoft are available.

Will never again even look at sheepshaver. I am posting this story so it might rescue some people from insanity.

Oh, and if anyone has a good suggestion, what to do with the now superfluous OS9, which is running, shoot away.

Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:35 pm 
Master Emulator

Mac OS 9 has like the best backwards compatibility . In fact , even today , some software are being made for it! And you can pretty much run every program on the Macintosh Garden (as long they're compatible with the hardware , also considering the fact that you're using an emulator) . Otherwise , you're free to shoot along! I bet you'd like a program you'll see on the Macintosh Garden . If you really want guaranteed compatibility , check out Emaculation.com's 68k software page . I think all will work with SheepShaver as well .

Post a reply