BasiliskII display trouble

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

galgot
Granny Smith

BasiliskII display trouble

Post by galgot »

HI,
I sometime have display troubles with BasiliskII on my Linuxes. It appear randomly with no particular reasons that I know of, not noticed I've been doing particular setting changes on the host machines for it to appear... I sometime managed to solve the problem by setting BII to use a MacIIci ROM , with CPU 3 and modelid 5 , instead of the Performa rom I usually use.
Also copying the boot image disk to my Mac , booting BII with it from there and setting screen to 256 colors would sometime solve the problem. So maybe it appear if I inadvertenly set the screen to higher nmr of colors...
anyway it looks like this :
BII is booting indeed , but the image is all distorded and moving down the screen.
Usually managed to solve the thing with tricks above, but this time, none works.
Even tried rebuilding BII...
Any ideas ?
galgot
Granny Smith

Re: BasiliskII display trouble

Post by galgot »

Answering to myself...
Found that skipframe was at 0 in my BII prefs file. Setting it at 4 solves the display problem.
Funny , as it worked for while with 0...
rickyzhang
Apple Corer

Post by rickyzhang »

What does skipgrame mean?
There is an App for that!
https://github.com/rickyzhang82
galgot
Granny Smith

Post by galgot »

Hi Rickyshang,
It's "frameskip" sorry , not skipframe . Sorry . Was sleepy :)
It's a setting in the .basilisk_ii_prefs file. It is to specify how many frames skip after drawing one frames in the display.
https://github.com/sentient06/Medusa/wi ... e_skipping
By default it's at 8 when install in linux. I must have set it at 0 at one time, but it seems it doesn't play well with putting display in millions colors...
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Ah; this actually sounds like a variation of the same issue I had on OS X; I found that it only happened on some screen resolutions. If I stuck to 4:3 aspect ratios, it didn't happen. I didn't think to adjust frameskip.