Installation of FileMaker Pro6 for use in SheepShaver fails

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

perfectionist
Student Driver

Installation of FileMaker Pro6 for use in SheepShaver fails

Post by perfectionist »

I have successfully used SheepShaver (1st Feb. 2014) for emulating Mac OS9 on a MacPro (OSX 10.11.6). Now I wanted to expand the spectrum of applications available.
Therefore I created a disk image of the FileMaker Pro6 folder in OSX 10.4.11 (Disk Utility->New…->Image from folder) and tried to add the image to SheepShaver preferences (SheepShaver menu in El Capitan->Preferences->Setup:Add). However, after restarting SheepShaver there is no FileMaker folder in the application folder.

What could be the reason for the problem?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Installation of FileMaker Pro6 for use in SheepShaver fa

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

With the image in the volumes list in SheepShaver preferences, the image volume should be mounted on the SheepShaver desktop. If you want its content in the Applications folder, you will need to copy it there.
perfectionist
Student Driver

Re: Installation of FileMaker Pro6 for use in SheepShaver fa

Post by perfectionist »

Great, it is working now.
My problem was that I mistrusted my commands because after saving the preferences always the message occurred "The volume "Unix" cannot be used as the object cannot be found". After ignoring this message and quitting/restarting SheepShaver then a FileMaker folder really appears on the SheepShaver desktop. From there the folder can be copied into the application folder.
Thank you very much, Ronald.