Free graphics utility for SheepShaver disks

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

jrethorst
Tinkerer

Free graphics utility for SheepShaver disks

Post by jrethorst »

Posts a small window showing the current screen coordinates of your mouse, coordinates in the front window, changes in coordinates since the Option key was pressed, and the RGB and hex color values of the screen directly underneath the mouse point. Helpful for all kinds of graphic work. Free at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j6erzs9j7ceb ... 1.sit?dl=0

Mouse can be opened in Script Editor, for those interested in Applescript code.

Unsolicited comments from users include:

“Very useful [MacScripter] . . . great little script . . . terrifically useful . . . it does exactly what is claimed, and quite well . . . excellent . . . Great. Simple and useful . . . Top Download [Version Tracker] . . . What a great convenience . . . very comprehensive . . . Popular Download [Download.com] . . . 5 stars . . . Popular [ZDNet.com] . . . Many thanks for Mouse!! . . . great little helper! . . . Good job!”

John R.
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised download link
jrethorst
Tinkerer

Re: Free graphics utility for SheepShaver disks

Post by jrethorst »

Dropbox has changed its filesharing structure, and I need to revise the download link to this. It's now at https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j6erzs9j7ceb ... 1.sit?dl=0

John R.
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised download link accordingly in the first post
TiddK
Granny Smith

Post by TiddK »

Go here:
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Sharing ... 316#M12987
to add your voice of protest to the way Dropbox are not only ending support for the Public folder with its direct links (which I suppose they've a right to do) but also refusing to 'grandfather' the 000,000 if not millions of links out there, which will become dead and broken when support ends (which most of us feel they have no right to do).
TiddK
Granny Smith

Post by TiddK »

Unfortunately Mouse doesn't work for me in SS Mac OS 8.6 - I have put it in the Apple Menu items, and the 3 additions into Extensions, and restarted. Clicking the app tells me those 3 additions must be installed, even though they're now in the Extensions folder.
jrethorst
Tinkerer

Post by jrethorst »

TiddK wrote:Unfortunately Mouse doesn't work for me in SS Mac OS 8.6 - I have put it in the Apple Menu items, and the 3 additions into Extensions, and restarted. Clicking the app tells me those 3 additions must be installed, even though they're now in the Extensions folder.
For OS 8.x, the scripting additions (osaxen) have to be in the Scripting Additions folder at the root level of the System Folder, not in the Extensions folder. In OS 7.x the Scripting Additions folder was in the Extensions folder.

John R.
TiddK
Granny Smith

Post by TiddK »

Ah ok - that's what I did for the Find utility and that worked fine. :)