Standalone SheepShaver for Windows (prints, etc.)

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

emendelson
Forum All-Star

Standalone SheepShaver for Windows (prints, etc.)

Post by emendelson »

This forum doesn't allow direct links to downloads that include the Mac OS or ROM files, but anyone who performs a Bing or Yahoo search for

"MacOS9 for Windows"

will find a page that links to a complete, standalone OS 9 system for Windows that does the following: prints to the default Windows printer, or to a Windows printer that you select from a menu, or "prints" to a PDF file in Windows. It also exchanges files effortlessly between SheepShaver and Windows, and includes a menu that lets you shut down a locked-up SheepShaver without going to the Task Manager.

When I checked recently Google Search hadn't indexed it yet, but Yahoo Search will find it.

Thanks to many helpful people on the forum who gave essential advice on running SheepShaver.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Standalone SheepShaver for Windows (prints, etc.)

Post by emendelson »

The search string in the first post is now obsolete. A Google or Yahoo search for

"Mac OS 9 for Windows"

now points to the relevant page.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

And I've updated and improved this system, for easier file transfer between Windows and SheepShaver, and more printing options. To find it, try a Google search for:

Mac OS 9 for Windows
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

And I've posted news of a Mac-based version of this system in the subforum where this thread belonged anyway:

http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... =33&t=9358