SheepShaver x86 Windows Installer Available

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

SheepShaver x86 Windows Installer Available

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cito ... i?download

A very simple installer, nothing fancy. Hopefully this helps some folks out.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Update:

Fixed a small bug with the shortcuts, now they point to the correct location.

Like Basilisk II, the application assumes it's "root" is where ever it was called from. So, if you used the desktop shortcut, it assume all configuration files should be on the desktop. I updated the links so that the working directory is where the actual application is.

There will be a few more versions as I fix little glitches and typos. For example, the next version will correct the readme to say:

Windows 2000/XP Users:

If no hard disk image file is selected, SheepShaver x86 will crash. Once you have selected a proper hard disk image file, SheepShaver will function correctly.

The readme file is actually included in the installation, just no shortcut for it. The next release will make a proper html file with a readme with issues relating to the Windows port. Anyone who has experienced glitches should let me know. (Both in general and with the installer)

The next version will also try and install the cd device drivers. Most folks should already have CD drivers installed, but this will be an optional component in case you need them.

`BoJ
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hello,

I made this post a "sticky"so it stays on top of the message list.

I also changed the topic subject as "x86" could also refer to linux on x86.
Probably it should read only "windows" as windows nowadays is only available on x86

Thanks for the installer,

Cat_7
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Many thanks.

I am preparing a PearPC installer as well, expect that to arrive soon.