"Some documents could not be opened." Problem

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

moodypup
Space Cadet

"Some documents could not be opened." Problem

Post by moodypup »

Hello! I'm fairly new to emulation and have run into an issue.

I logged about 10 hours (sad, I know) into a game called Brownie Saves the Day on my Basilisk II emulator, and saved a save file using the "file > save" function.

But when I try to either click to open it, or drag the save file to the application, it gives me this error message:

"Some documents could not be opened. Try opening the documents from within the application."

The "file > open" function is greyed out in the game. Not sure if I'm missing something or if save files just don't work with this emulator or game? :-) Thanks in advance for any help!
rakslice
Student Driver

Re: "Some documents could not be opened." Problem

Post by rakslice »

I see the game is supplied on some sites in the form of a disk image with the game program inside of it. If this is the one you're using, then to open a saved game by double clicking on it, you'll need to have the disk image open first so that Mac OS can find the program.

As for the Open option being greyed out: When you launch the program from its own icon, it opens a new game by default. You'll have to Close the game in progress first from the menu before you can Open a saved game from the menu.
moodypup
Space Cadet

Re: "Some documents could not be opened." Problem

Post by moodypup »

So sorry I just saw your reply. THIS WORKED!! I literally gasped. Thank you SO much for your help!!! :mrgreen: