I need a Snow Leopard on Big Sur...

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

beardedghost
Space Cadet

I need a Snow Leopard on Big Sur...

Post by beardedghost »

I find that my newer laptop, which is a 2012-ish MacBook Pro running Big Sur, is not able to allow my Adobe Master Collection CS5 apps to run.

I neither need nor want to buy or learn new software, and since I paid a fortune for my CS5 apps, and use them for nonprofit use, I ain't apt to part with $53 a month for Adobe to flatter themselves with all their subsequent upgrades. If I need to learn a new app for pHotoshop, GIMP seems very well made and it's free.

But if you guys can teach me how to run Snow Leopard or some other CS5-compatible version of OSX on my machine, that'll play.

I get the sense that most of the emulations are for still older versions, though, so am I hoping up the wrong tree?

Many thanks,

Bearded Ghost
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: I need a Snow Leopard on Big Sur...

Post by adespoton »

What you really want to do is install VirtualBox or the free for personal use VMWARE Fusion and install 10.7, 10.8 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11 on it. 10.11's probably best, as it can share iCloud Drive with your host. It's new enough to have the features you're used to, but can still run CS5 (or 4 or 3).

The challenge will be in registering the software since the registration servers don't exist anymore.
Zachary Tanner
Space Cadet

Re: I need a Snow Leopard on Big Sur...

Post by Zachary Tanner »

adespoton wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:07 am What you really want to do is install VirtualBox or the free for personal use VMWARE Fusion and install 10.7, 10.8 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11 on it. 10.11's probably best, as it can share iCloud Drive with your host. It's new enough to have the features space news uk you're used to, but can still run CS5 (or 4 or 3).

The challenge will be in registering the software since the registration servers don't exist anymore.

Thanks for advice, it's really valuable fact