<< Where is Dreamweaver?? >>

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Basilisk user

<< Where is Dreamweaver?? >>

Post by Basilisk user »

Please help-me, I'm looking for some 68k version of Dreamweaver from months ago, that's a impossible quest!! It doesn't exist in hotline nether in kazaa, please help-me to find this lost software from hell, and I'll stop to ask you.

:( :evil: :x :?: :?: :?: :!:
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I stopped to ask you.

Why the hell would you want Dreamweaver 2 running under Basilisk II when I'm sure you have Dreamweaver MX running on Windows?
rob_squared
Carpe Nox

Post by rob_squared »

Perhaps because his is a world of acid trips and mushrooms.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Solution

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Visit www.formatmyharddrive.com and they can help you.
basilsik user

Post by basilsik user »

Well, I just like Mac OS a lot to use this stupid windows.
If I use Mac OS 8.1 in basilisk is because I like it and I have my files, folders and softwares there, and I am looking for Dreamweaver a long time ago, its the last thing I need..
phirkel
Apple Corer

Post by phirkel »

A) That's piracy
B) That's stupid
C) You're stupid
D) DIE DIE DIE DIE. Pirates suck. I think the sentence for piracy should be death. Care to guess what I do for a living?
dvdsoft2003

dc++

Post by dvdsoft2003 »

try http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net. Its opensource program, but what you do with the downloaded software................
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Anyone have directions for robbing a bank while we're at it?

Post by Guest »

_ANYONE_ who says software "pirates" should "DIE DIE DIE", is a hypocritical fool. Unlike robbing a bank, pirating software is something nearly every PC user is guilty of.

Born again developers make me want to puke. They're like Metallica pissing and moaning over napster. If your software is good, and priced right, you have nothing to worry about... If your product is selling well, but you also have numerous pirated copies in the field, take it as a compliment and shut up.
phirkel
Apple Corer

Post by phirkel »

Anonymous wrote:_ANYONE_ who says software "pirates" should "DIE DIE DIE", is a hypocritical fool. Unlike robbing a bank, pirating software is something nearly every PC user is guilty of.

Born again developers make me want to puke. They're like Metallica pissing and moaning over napster. If your software is good, and priced right, you have nothing to worry about... If your product is selling well, but you also have numerous pirated copies in the field, take it as a compliment and shut up.
I find it funny you think everyone is guilty of pirating software. Maybe the inebreated fools that shouldn't be using computers are. I have never, in my entire life, pirated software, because I understand what it means to other developers to have their product stolen. I don't work in the software development field anymore (well, not exactly, I do Microcode now), but, when I did, nothing enraged me more than when I saw someone using a piece of software I was working on (I did work for a large company, which shall remain nameless, that develops software everyone here uses). _I_ spent many hundreds of hours coding that product, along with my colleagues. Don't you think we deserve to be paid for our efforts?

It's your fucking attitude of "If you're rich, you should be robbed from" that drives me nuts. The "modern generation" (I programmed on a PDP-8 for the longest time, yes, I am THAT old) has no respect for copyright and the amount of work that is put into a piece of software or a song by the programmers/artists. You think "It's free because it's only 1's and 0's, bytecodes and data."

Well, let me tell you, you're fucking wrong. It is equivalent to robbing a chocolate bar from a goddamned grocery store. But wait! The chocolate bar costs 87 cents (plus tax), when your cracked version of Maya or 3D Studio MAX tends to be worth at least 10000 times that, maybe triple or quadruple that...I don't keep up on those prices. So, in effect, you're stealing $8700 - $24000 from a company that paid a team of developers to develop that product.

And, you fucker, it's not flattery when a product is stolen...it's downright frustrating, vexing and annoying. Have you ever written a fucking line of code in your life? I'll be willing to bet not. You have any concept of the work programmers do to get a product to market? What about the graphics designers, documenters, marketing folk and testers? You know how much work goes into that.

So, what you're suggesting could actually be equated with grabbing a 800 dollar painting from an artisan's booth at an art show...except, instead of just hurting one person, you're hurting hundreds of people, if not thousands.

You little shitfaces are the reason the Internet has really turned to a shithole...and I hope you die a horrible death, for being a selfish, narrowminded, criminal liar. If everyone were to jump off a bridge, would you do so? You seem like the type that would, because you don't seem to respect IP just because everyone else doesn't.

Fuck you and die.

PS: Taking bets that this is a 13-17 year old who thinks he knows everything about life. I'd like to see him/her survive a day, nay an hour, on their own.
Thyth

Post by Thyth »

You worked at Microsoft? :D

Just a guess... tell me if I'm pathetically off.

Post by Guest »

Phirkel's upset over people sharing SoftMac's serial number on HotLine. 8O

He has lots of money and can go out and buy wantever his black heart desires. :twisted: Too bad Microsoft fired him after his work on Windows 95. He got paid for his work, it's MS that loses money when we warez the latest Windows, Office, Visual Studio, Virtual PC, etc. But at least we get some marketable skillz that we normally wouldn't due to inflated MS bloatware prices we can't afford. Same goes for Adobe, Macromedia, Symantec, etc., etc., etc.

Oh Canada! Image

Post by Guest »

Actually, your assumptions are _way_ off, on my age, my exact attitude, and my profession.

That said, there are very few, if any, in-depth studies without bias, which show the true economic impact of casual software piracy (differentiating getting a copy from a buddy, from _selling_ counterfeit software).

What studies do exist vary wildly from "casual software piracy could put a company out of business" to, "it actually helped market penetration.". In short, the problems with IP are not yet fully understood, and are not black and white issues.

Just because it's law doesn't mean a thing. There are still laws in the states on what's illegal in one's own bedroom... Nobody pays any attention to them.

What doesn't help anything are freakish assholes like yourself, who, based on your assumptions of my age, and assertions of your own, need to hang around message boards filled with those you feel are "lesser" than yourself boasting about your past to boost ego while dreaming about what "could have been", all while lending zero credibility to your arguments...

So, no, fuck _you_ and die.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Phirkel is Darek Mihocka!
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Hehe. And you are the beautiful, talented actress Grace Kelly?

http://www.webattack.com/features/wa_mo ... _2002.html

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Actually, your assumptions are _way_ off, on my age, my exact attitude, and my profession.

That said, there are very few, if any, in-depth studies without bias, which show the true economic impact of casual software piracy (differentiating getting a copy from a buddy, from _selling_ counterfeit software).

What studies do exist vary wildly from "casual software piracy could put a company out of business" to, "it actually helped market penetration.". In short, the problems with IP are not yet fully understood, and are not black and white issues.

Just because it's law doesn't mean a thing. There are still laws in the states on what's illegal in one's own bedroom... Nobody pays any attention to them.

What doesn't help anything are freakish assholes like yourself, who, based on your assumptions of my age, and assertions of your own, need to hang around message boards filled with those you feel are "lesser" than yourself boasting about your past to boost ego while dreaming about what "could have been", all while lending zero credibility to your arguments...

So, no, fuck _you_ and die.
Actually, buddy, I'm not a troll (well, not all the time).

I've made valid attempts at Power PC emulation, and I have come here to post about such matters (and perhaps have some fun in a community of people who have a common goal (such as Power Mac emulation for the masses).

So, because you disagree with a law you're not going to follow it? Seems a bit illogical. Laws exist, and they should be followed, whether they be civil laws created by founders and lawmakers of a nation or the laws of physics which are a part of the reality in which we exist. Perhaps a parallel would be the laws of Physics...you can't break them...so, why should you be able to break civil/common law?

I can answer this question too: The laws of physics have an enforcer that is constant: physics. However, civil/common law is reliant on people being honourable and being law-abiding; since there is no enforcer present at all times, people break the law because they can get away with it. Your statement reinforces many modern politician's points about how people cannot be trusted to do this. It's just human nature. I can't say I've never broken a law (be it something as small as going 10 over the speed limit, the law is the law), however, do I go out of my way to avoid breaking the law whenever possible -- it just makes sense, and it is the right thing to do, whether or not you agree with it, it's a fact of life.

And piracy may not put companies out of business, it does hurt them and the people who worked on them because of the "trickle down effect."

Also, any studies that say "it improves market penetration" would be delightful to see, because all the documents I have in my posesssion (and I can find on Google) only show that it harms businesses in the long run. It's like the people who say "I download songs and see if I like them. If I do like them I buy the CD." That's BS.

So, I don't think I'm being a "freakish asshole," but perhaps maybe more a law-abiding citizen, and a decent and ethical human being who respects the amount of work that goes into a project.

What do you do anyways? Flip burgers at Wendy's? Because that's the vibe I'm getting from your attitude.

Oh, and I don't need any boosting to my ego. I assure you of that.

Thyth:
I did work for Microsoft, but that was in the days of Windows 3.1, before people had the ability to pirate software en masse.

Anonymous coward guest and Clockwise:
I am not Darek Mihocka, because that guy would not stick to an argument, or would just select one individual, minute point, and pick on it. He's an idiot, and a shame to the software engineering field. I was elated when emulators.com went down, and was saddened when it was back up.

And, stealing software does not give you a marketable skill because "marketable skills" are indicated by a University Degree or a college diploma, Anonymous Coward Guest. Stealing software just makes you a common thief and criminal.
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

I guess phirkel forgot to log in again....

I think it is far more likely that the annon. guest was Darek Mahoka. In fact coming to think of it, there is little chance of that as he did not mention himself or Metallica. However, he did mention SoftMac so maybe, just maybe.....

Post by Guest »

Actually, attempts are always made to extend, break and revise the classical laws of physics... You'll remember at one time it was assumed, and enforced, the world was flat. Are you saying we should never question any law? Just follow them all like good dutiful citizens?

Your assertion that every piece of pirated software would have otherwise been purchased must be a joke. Trying to make the analogy of "grabbing a 800 dollar painting from an artisan's booth at an art show" is just silly. A closer analogy, using the same characters, would be taking a photo of that $800 painting, and having a print made because you enjoy the image very much, but can't afford $800, and the artist doesn't sell $25 print of the same image. Illegal? Yes, but until you start re-selling that print, oh well.

And as for "Anonymous coward", we're all anonymous... Let's see your REAL name, address and phone number.

What's my profession? Keep guessing... If nothing else, it could be amusing to see some responses more creative than the rather dry "Flip burgers at Wendy's".
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

The true laws of physics cannot be changed except by an Act of God. :) Our mathematical attempts to define the Universe have not been completely successful yet. And as the holy grail of modern physics, the so-called "Theory of Everything" (TOE), may never be directly confirmed by experimentation, we as humans may never know the complete truth of the Universe's existance and properties.

If we don't like a law devised by our representing government, we are free to break it, but may eventually suffer the consequences. The true laws of physics cannot be broken, only our perception of what we thought we understood.

IMO, if you want "free" software, it's no reason to break copyright laws. Software is the intellectual propery of it's creator, whether it be a company, an individual or group. If they want money for it, they are entitiled to that. One of governments' responsibilities is to pass laws to enforce copyright protection (if they choose to do so). SCO's in the news because it's betting on this. Without such laws, companies would be unable to thrive. In the future, it won't be as easy to run\get illegal software anyway as companies are devising methods to "call home to mother" with product activation and screwing around with how much we really have access to the product via digital rights management.

There's plenty of Windows freeware projects that are almost as good as a retail product, so if you don't want\need a program enough to spend money on it, look around for a freeware\shareware alternative. Or try Linux\BSD where even the OS is (often) free.

Post by Guest »

The true laws of physics cannot be changed except by an Act of God.
Yes, but if you don't have a complete and perfect understanding of it, how do you know it's not possible to modify it? Still, I agree, and it's exactly what I was pointing out... What exactly this has to do with the topic at, other than to say "perceptions change", I not exactly sure.
IMO, if you want "free" software, it's no reason to break copyright laws. Software is the intellectual propery of it's creator, whether it be a company, an individual or group. If they want money for it, they are entitiled to that. One of governments' responsibilities is to pass laws to enforce copyright protection (if they choose to do so). SCO's in the news because it's betting on this. Without such laws, companies would be unable to thrive. In the future, it won't be as easy to run\get illegal software anyway as companies are devising methods to "call home to mother" with product activation and screwing around with how much we really have access to the product via digital rights management.
All true, and I never have disagreed with this... Though I don't think SCO has much of a case.
There's plenty of Windows freeware projects that are almost as good as a retail product, so if you don't want\need a program enough to spend money on it, look around for a freeware\shareware alternative. Or try Linux\BSD where even the OS is (often) free.
Absolutely. Change "Windows freeware" to "free and other low cost alternatives" and this is actually one of the best arguments against software piracy, and possibly what phirkel was trying to refer to with "trickle down effect", though it didn't seem like it from the context he used.

One of the greatest negative effects of pirating more expensive, popular, and sometimes better, commercial software is that it helps improve dominance of that product at the expense of other "lesser" competing products, free or otherwise. This reaffirms my point that a great number of companies complaining about software piracy are looking at it from the wrong angle.
phirkel
Apple Corer

Post by phirkel »

Anonymous wrote:Actually, attempts are always made to extend, break and revise the classical laws of physics... You'll remember at one time it was assumed, and enforced, the world was flat. Are you saying we should never question any law? Just follow them all like good dutiful citizens?

Your assertion that every piece of pirated software would have otherwise been purchased must be a joke. Trying to make the analogy of "grabbing a 800 dollar painting from an artisan's booth at an art show" is just silly. A closer analogy, using the same characters, would be taking a photo of that $800 painting, and having a print made because you enjoy the image very much, but can't afford $800, and the artist doesn't sell $25 print of the same image. Illegal? Yes, but until you start re-selling that print, oh well.

And as for "Anonymous coward", we're all anonymous... Let's see your REAL name, address and phone number.

What's my profession? Keep guessing... If nothing else, it could be amusing to see some responses more creative than the rather dry "Flip burgers at Wendy's".
Okay, so I forgot to login before...

Anyways, just to point out, the laws of Physics cannot be broken, only extended as we know them. HOwever, to me, one constant is the pressure per inch with bone -- if you fall from a huge cliff, you're going to suffer horrible injuries. Simply because you will always accelerate at 9.8m/s/s and you'll create more pressure than the 4-8 PSI a human bone can sustain.

Perhaps my analogy wasn't perfect, however, it is to the same effect. Remember, all software comes from a master copy, so in effect, every piece of software is a copy, thereby negating the validity of my original analogy. However, the fact remains that you are hurting someone who worked hard on that product/painting.

I disagree that companies are looking at it from the wrong angle. Theft is theft, be it data or a chocolate bar. And, it is unacceptable that a person commits an act of theft, be it piracy or bank robbery in my opinion. There is no justification for theft; it is simply an act to acquire something you do not wish to work for (i.e. make the money for) or do not want to spend money on; and that is the definition from both Canadian Common Law/Loi Civile. I'm assuming the United States has such a clause as well in their legal code, as ass-backwards as it stands.

----
Off topic: Did _anyone_ see that letter SCO was sending out to companies? I love it...they reveal the files offending, only to not realize that there is a full pedigree for the files availible on the kernel.org website/mirrors.
---

Anyways, Merry Christmas, Happy Chaunakah and a Solemn Ramadan to all out there. I hope everyone enjoys the season (including pirates, but just not as much ;)).
javier_garza4
Tinkerer

Post by javier_garza4 »

this is a funny post
grayfox
Tinkerer

Post by grayfox »

Mac Emu wrote:The true laws of physics cannot be changed except by an Act of God. :) Our mathematical attempts to define the Universe have not been completely successful yet. And as the holy grail of modern physics, the so-called "Theory of Everything" (TOE), may never be directly confirmed by experimentation, we as humans may never know the complete truth of the Universe's existance and properties.

If we don't like a law devised by our representing government, we are free to break it, but may eventually suffer the consequences. The true laws of physics cannot be broken, only our perception of what we thought we understood.

sco is the most evil compeny ever boycot sco
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

I agree - boycott SCO.

Instead of attacking competitors out to make big bucks, they go for the open source software. Open source software is making computing more affordable for the poor.

The only consequence I can see from the actions of SCO is that they are potentially going to take that away and drive a bigger wedge between the haves and the have nots.
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

robojam wrote:I agree - boycott SCO.

Instead of attacking competitors out to make big bucks, they go for the open source software. Open source software is making computing more affordable for the poor.

The only consequence I can see from the actions of SCO is that they are potentially going to take that away and drive a bigger wedge between the haves and the have nots.
Yes, i agree.
I hate microsoft very much, but i still hate sco more. (they don't even deserve to be written in capital letters)