A/UX

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

rmartini
Space Cadet

A/UX

Post by rmartini »

I found the AU/X in the Legacy Recovery by Apple. Well, my simples questions, how can I handle it? I tried it on the SS and/or on the Basilisk II, failed both of the cases... Ideas? thanx
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi, and welcome!

We would love to know ourselves ;-) Basilisk/SheepShaver are so Mac OS specific they don't boot A/UX.
But you can take a look at another discussion here: http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... 4647#34647

Best,
Cat_7
Ambassador
Apple Corer

Post by Ambassador »

Also see this post in particular.
Galane
Tinkerer

Post by Galane »

That's not the full A/UX on the Apple Legacy Recovery CD-ROM from (IIRC) 1998 or 1999. It's just the final updates and I think it make have a boot floppy image too.

Sad, ain't it? :( I snagged the full A/UX off some German FTP server years ago, but never did a thing with it. Having to set up an olde 68k Mac with System 7.1 just to use it wasn't too thrilling of an idea.

There were three other CD-ROMs released that year with blue and white lables, covering everything else up to what was then current in what was soon to be known as "classic" Macintosh software. Stuff like the full Final Cut Pro 1.0. Woooo! and full versions of every major release of System and Mac OS, plus all the updaters, enablers, drivers for various Apple peripherals and even a smattering of Windows software for the rare bit of Apple gear that was cross-platform.

One disk was Application Recovery, the other two were Pre G3 Power Mac and the last was G3 Power Mac, but there was a bunch of overlap on those two.
Galane
Tinkerer

Post by Galane »

Check the Applications part of the Macintosh Garden for A/UX and those recovery CDs.