Does Mac Estimating Require Virtlacion? (speled that wrong)

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

uyjulian
Apple Corer

Does Mac Estimating Require Virtlacion? (speled that wrong)

Post by uyjulian »

I am thanking of that on WINDOWS
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Let me see if I understand your question correctly:
You want to emulate a Mac on Windows and wonder if that requires virtualization. I have three scenarios for you, of which only the second requires true virtualisation.

1. You want to emulate an old Mac OS, like Mac OS 8 or 9. Then you need BasiliskII or SheepShaver. Those are emulators, and don't require a virtualization program like VMWARE. Our forum has those program for downloads and has guides for setting these programs up.

2. You want to run Mac OS X on Windows. Then you need a version of VMWare that allows installing Mac OS X. It also requires a PC with a processor that supports virtualization. You can find information on that on www.insanelymac.com

3. You want to run Mac OS X directly on your PC. Then you need to make your PC into a so-called Hackintosh. If you want that, you also can find information about that on www.insanelymac.com

Best,
Cat_7
uyjulian
Apple Corer

Post by uyjulian »

no i meant do you have to enable virtualization in the computers BIOS settings?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi

Yes, that is the question I answered. I specifically repeated your question so you and I know what the question was.
Have you read and understood my answer?
You only need virtualization enabled in the BIOS for VMWare. SheepShaver/Basilisk don't need that.

Best,
Cat_7