EV Nova help

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

EV Nova help

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure if anyone has even come across this path (Nova is HUGE!!!), but I'm stuck. I went down the path where I get implanted with some mind control thingy and had to do all this stuff. I got as far as to where they told me I would have to "kidnap" Rebellion agents, bring them to the base, switch them for a body double, and we'd have a guy inside the Rebellion movement. Now, I've been to all the sytems involved, and can't find what it is I'm supposed to do. The last thing my character said was something along the lines of "it's either damnation or death." Is my game over? Am I supposed to kill myself? Can anyone lend me a clue?

Post by Guest »

Nevermind. I figured it out. I think I played the game as far as possible (it said to progress further I need to purchase it). I didn't like the way it turned out, so I'm going to play it again and answer "No" at the critical point. This game is pretty good.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

YOo gotta buy it to get further? Cripes... that sucks.

I actually did buy it. I am dumb.

Post by Guest »

I agree. About you being dumb. You have to buy it if you want to get the biggest and baddest ships as well. I keep dieing before I can get enough money to get a used Starship (I think that's what it is). It's the most advanced ship you can get without registering. You can only get a used one, though, and it costs around 630,000 credits. At 15,000 credits per mission, that would take 50+ missions (refueling, upgrades, etc). I keep doing stupid missions where I'm in the middle of nowhere, get disabled, and no friendlies are around to help out. Fucking pirates. ARRR! Anyways, there is a serial number floating around and I tried it. It says its expired and to try to renew it online. I'm pretty sure they know about it and have disabled renewing it. Oh well. Just have to wait till the PC version. Then there will be about 8 cracks floating around :) That's what's so good about the PC world. Warez is everywhere. I got the Devilsown Windows XP iso the other day...er...my friend got it. I'm not into warez myself *WINK*. Have you guys ever tried to find Mac warez? It's fucking hard. Especially ISOs or full directories. Although I must admit I find it odd that there exists Mathcad for 68k Macs. I did manage to find a full (I think) Photoshop 4.0. I got MS Works (I think) and it's missing a whole bunch of files and won't run. Oh well. SimpleText is the best, anyway. I love MacOS8's speech. It's hillarious! They should have added Stephen Hawking as a voice. Check out MC Hawking. Hillarious stuff. "There ain't another motherfucker hard like me, I'm a universal constant, I'm a singularity."

On a side note, is it just me, or when you run the Register EV Nova program, it's all in black and white and the pictures are not even there? Oddly, on the unmodified original BasiliskII, running Register EV Nova works fine. Also, does anyone else get their brightness or color contrast messed up by the modified BasiliskII executable? Every time I run it, my color correction (at factory default) gets uncorrected.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

You have to do the specialty missions. You can get upwards of 50,000 per mission doing those. And once you get a steady job with UN shipping, you will almost always have $40,000 missions acessable from your "Mission BBS" screen.

Even getting a specialty job as a bounty hunter is good... 25,000 missions on frontier ports.

Post by Guest »

I've had the jobs with UN, but now I can't remember where I initially got hired by them. What system do they recruit you in?? Also, I've never come across any bounty hunter missions. I did come across one mission where I was taking these guys hunting on a planet. I pocketed a cool 50,000. I've got to admit, this game is insanely addictive. Its universe is really, really huge. I have yet to reach any end of it.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Can you play Nova online with/against others?

Post by Guest »

I don't think so...but I don't know much about it. I finally managed to get enough money to buy a Starbridge. It's sweet.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

After you do the first couple of UN missions you will get hired on. And you can also get hired by SIGMA SHIPYARDS, too. YOu get most of those around Earth, but you have to build up a bit of a "combat rating" before they start giving them to you.
Anonymous wrote:I've had the jobs with UN, but now I can't remember where I initially got hired by them. What system do they recruit you in?? Also, I've never come across any bounty hunter missions. I did come across one mission where I was taking these guys hunting on a planet. I pocketed a cool 50,000. I've got to admit, this game is insanely addictive. Its universe is really, really huge. I have yet to reach any end of it.

Post by Guest »

I'm still getting only 20,000 credits per mission from UN. On the plus side, there's a short run from Galvan to Formalhaut. Specifically to planet Gem. Buy equipment in Galvan and sell it on Gem. It's not too economical unless you're using that one ship with 125 tons of cargo space. Also, on New Ireland in Tuatha, they have some sweet ass ships for sale. Apparently you can get some of the big boys even in shareware mode. You know any good runs?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Goddam. I gotta say.. get the registration. They have really crippled the shareware.

I am kinda pissed at Ambrosia. I gotta restart.

GET THE PATCH NOW.

And everyone on the Ambrosia board is an ass.

God I hate Mac users.

Post by Guest »

What patch?
What problems did you run into with it being shareware? I only had to restart once because I got stuck as a Vall-os (or something) and couldn't get new ships or weapons. I'm trying to get 1 million credits so I can buy that god damned fission (or is it fusion?) generator. I've got somewhere around 650,000 so far. Not too much longer.

Post by Guest »

ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

The 1.0.1 patch.
Anonymous wrote:What patch?
What problems did you run into with it being shareware? I only had to restart once because I got stuck as a Vall-os (or something) and couldn't get new ships or weapons. I'm trying to get 1 million credits so I can buy that god damned fission (or is it fusion?) generator. I've got somewhere around 650,000 so far. Not too much longer.

Post by Guest »

I found some kind of bug, too. Luckily, nothing bad happened and I now have 166 Million credits. Also, I can buy all ships, even though it says you must register to buy them! My game must be fucked up. Also, there are some badass ships throughout the universe. I've reached all edges of the universe, by the way. It's rather large.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I got that bug too. The "drop bear" bug. I didnt want my game fucked so I wasted all the cash by jetisoning thousands of units worth of luxury goods.

Post by Guest »

Oh my god. The 1.0.1 is even more fucked up. First off, to use the two additional plug-in patches, you have to register. But that's not even what I'm talking about. Start a new game. Do a few missions. Then go to Earth (or any other Federation planet I think) and either sit right on top of the planet for a couple seconds or keep landing and leaving about 5 or 6 times. The Federation will start shooting you. You'll be dead in about 2 seconds. What the FUCK? Or is there something I'm missing? Please tell me this is NOT a feature.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Yup. If you are not registered, the 1.0.1 version is prety much unplayable.

I haven't had the feds attack me. Are you using any of the "cheap" ship add-ons, like the cheap carbon fiber or the cheap scanners? They don't like that.
Anonymous wrote:Oh my god. The 1.0.1 is even more fucked up. First off, to use the two additional plug-in patches, you have to register. But that's not even what I'm talking about. Start a new game. Do a few missions. Then go to Earth (or any other Federation planet I think) and either sit right on top of the planet for a couple seconds or keep landing and leaving about 5 or 6 times. The Federation will start shooting you. You'll be dead in about 2 seconds. What the FUCK? Or is there something I'm missing? Please tell me this is NOT a feature.

Post by Guest »

I'm getting attacked in the default starting ship with NO upgrades whatsoever. I think I'm gonna go back to 1.0.0. I would register, but I want to wait for the Windows version before putting up $30 or however much it is. Cross-platform ports don't always come out good, you know. And I'm not going to pay to use a program under emulation. I tried using that serial in Surfer's Serials or whatever, but it says it needs to be renewed. 1.0.1 is shitty.

Post by Guest »

Ive had Nova for a while now, and i was wondering if anybody could give me a registration number or a place where to get them? :) [/b]

Post by Guest »

Currently none exist. Believe me, I've looked. Perhaps in a couple of months one with surface. There is ONE out there, but it's "expired," so it's of no use. You can't get around by setting the clock back, either.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

If you pay for the Mac version, you will be able to use the same code in teh Windows version.

And the reg codes are only usable for a set time period. After that, you have to dial into Ambrosia cmputers to get ti renewed. And then you are just telling them that you are a pirate.

having big ships

Post by Guest »

I played EVNova on my BasiliskII without registration, and I've been able to buy every ship I want because there is a bug in the game :
a drop bear has attacked me (steal all my money) then I've been reattacked and it do it again. But then I have billions of credits :lol:

Pirate Manticore is great !