Login  •  Register

The time is now: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:31 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:50 pm 
Space Cadet

Anyone out there emulating a mac on Ubuntu? I have done so for years, until the upgrade to Ubuntu 17.10 broke my virtual machine: it is locked in an infinite boot loop.

I decided to rebuild my virtual mac from the start, with a blank virtual disk, installing OS X 10.8.5, adding Chimera, which all worked as expected. However, it wasn't until I added the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the Chimera wizard, to skip the boot menu, when my virtual machine broke again! I can now replicate the behaviour that removing the plist restores my machine back into working order, while adding it locks it into an infinite booting loop.

When I have time, I will look into this further, to find out what .plist setting is the culprit here, but for now, I would appreciate if anyone out there running Ubuntu could shed some light on this?

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:07 pm 
Forum All-Star

Something seems to be borked with the current Ubuntu builds; others have been reporting problems as well. If you build from the official repo instead, you may have better luck.

You could also try using VirtualBox instead of KVM/QEMU-X64, as it tends to be kept more in sync on Ubuntu. That, or try under Arch instead :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 am 
Space Cadet

I tried to build qemu from the github, but it didn't even compile, will spend some more time on this.

Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moved topic