Sheepshaver in Mojave

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

rbplease
Student Driver

Sheepshaver in Mojave

Post by rbplease »

I run Sheepshaver v. 2.420120715 (emulating Mac OS 9 v. 9.0.4) on an Intel Mac running High Sierra (MacOS v. 10.13.6). Can I expect SheepShaver to transfer successfully -- all files and other content intact and fully operable -- if I upgrade to Mojave (as Sheepshaver has done on all prior upgrades).
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Sheepshaver in Mojave

Post by adespoton »

Yes; if it’s already installed, it’ll work.

However, you’ll get nag messages from time to time telling you it’s a 32-bit app. Upgrade to version 2.5 to fix that.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Your SheepShaver build is seven years old! Apparently you never upgraded to newer versions/builds.

As adespoton wrote, it will probably run in Mojave. But better replace it with the latest build before you upgrade the macOS.
See here for the latest 2.5 version build: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7360

You can simply replace the application with the new application in your existing setup.
If you use the keycodes file, you will also need to replace that file with the new one: http://ronaldpr.home.xs4all.nl/sheepsha ... ycodes.zip
rbplease
Student Driver

Post by rbplease »

Great advice: I will upgrade asap, and then go to Mojave.
(Probably in a couple days, but I will let you know how it turns out.)
Many thanks!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

There are also new options you can set in the prefs file that weren't available under 2.4, so you may want to read the wiki page on here to see if you want to use any of the new settings.