SS and External USB HD

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

PaKo
Space Cadet

SS and External USB HD

Post by PaKo »

Hello everyone and sorry for my English, I help myself with the translator.
I am a collector of old computers of which many Macintosh and I am trying to save a lot of Italian language software.
I use a fantastic PowerBook G3 (Bronze Keyboard) which has both USB and SCSI with CD Player, Floppy Drive, Syquest, Zip, old SCSI HD
I am storing everything on a 2TB external USB disk formatted in HFS+, so that I can also read it from my current MacBook Air M1, with which I can manage the organization of files and folders faster.
To test the software, on the MacBook Air with Sonoma I installed, for the first time, SS (2.5 Last Version) with System OS 9.1 ITA, everything works fine.
I copy the software to the shared disk and can try it.
It would be very helpful if I could access directly on the USB disk to shorten the various steps.
I tried putting the disk in SetUP, but when I restart SS, OS9 asks me if I want to format it.
What am I doing wrong?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: SS and External USB HD

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

You can assign the external disk as shared folder. In SheepShaver preferences, browse to the disk for "Unix Root".
PaKo
Space Cadet

Re: SS and External USB HD

Post by PaKo »

Wow it works

Thank you