0k required

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

TheJp
Space Cadet

0k required

Post by TheJp »

Hi all
I have to say that this forum and the helps that it give is pure gold. I managed to install and run both macos8 and 9 with sheepshaver and after you get used to it it's very easy. Thankts for all the info.

Now to the problem.

Im running sheepshaver with oldrom and macos8.1, it work.
I have a very old game that i wanted to play called Prince of Destruction and i managed to move it to the emulator but when i lauch the game it give me this nonsense error:
I have already tried to set any kind of amount of ram but it keep pop out
now im with this

it driving me mad :evil:

some help? :eek:
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: 0k required

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

You do not mention which is you host system. I suppose it is OsX or macOS.

Again guessing how you moved the game into the emulator, I suppose you used the shared folder / Unix disk feature. If you did, then you may have kept the game on the Unix volume or you dragged the game directly from Unix to the desktop. If that is what you did, the game will not run and you will get unhelpful error messages.

See the explanation about how to use the the shared folder / Unix disk in the setup manual: https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sh ... _unix_disk

If your setup is different, please explain in detail what you did and how you did it.
TheJp
Space Cadet

Post by TheJp »

Oh sorry... ok so

my host is Win 10 64bit and i moved the files making an .iso in win 10 then i mounted it on sheepshaver so when i start i found the "disk" with the file.
The game files was unstuffed directly on the mac.

Thanks for the fast reply :smile:
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

The game from MacGarden is a sit compressed folder. SIT can only be inflated again on a Mac properly.
As you already did that, could it be the ISO you made?
Usually you would move the sit files to the emulated Macs HDD via "This PC" and unstuff with StuffitExpander.

To get things rolling, feel free to try this zipped .img.
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/JByNAJnQ
Unzip with your favourite utility in Windows and add the resulting Prince Of Destruction.img to SheepShavers volumes tab in the GUI to mount it.

On a side note, the game also works in Basilisk II and MiniVMac II all the way down to 7.1.
Just in case SheepShaver should be too fast or behave weird otherwise.
TheJp
Space Cadet

Post by TheJp »

24bit wrote:The game from MacGarden is a sit compressed folder. SIT can only be inflated again on a Mac properly.
As you already did that, could it be the ISO you made?
Usually you would move the sit files to the emulated Macs HDD via "This PC" and unstuff with StuffitExpander.

To get things rolling, feel free to try this zipped .img.
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/JByNAJnQ
Unzip with your favourite utility in Windows and add the resulting Prince Of Destruction.img to SheepShavers volumes tab in the GUI to mount it.

On a side note, the game also works in Basilisk II and MiniVMac II all the way down to 7.1.
Just in case SheepShaver should be too fast or behave weird otherwise.

YOUR IMG it work! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: YEEEEEEE!