SheepShaver used to work but now doesn't

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

GuyStarwind
Space Cadet

SheepShaver used to work but now doesn't

Post by GuyStarwind »

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this topic has been made, but I couldn't find anything about my problem. Long story short, I downloaded SheepShaver, and it worked fine. A couple of days ago I tried to boot it up to play some old games and nothing boots up. I went into the GUI to attempt to launch it that way and nothing. I thought maybe I accidentally deleted something, and the file path was corrupted, so I deleted everything and attempted to start anew but still nothing. The first time I installed it, I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3pjSGg1y4 as a guide. I tried doing that again and nothing happened. After some further reading, I went back into the GUI and under the memory, I selected the newworld86 rom (which was changed to Mac OS ROM as instructed in the video) as my ROM File but still nothing. As I said before, it worked fine in the past but now I can't get the thing to boot up past the GUI. Any ideas?

Thanks
PS I can provide pictures of what my SheepShaver or what my GUI options look like. I'm not super knowledge about this stuff, but I'll do my best to answer questions that could help.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: SheepShaver used to work but now doesn't

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Which download did you use? Is your SheepShaver program called "SheepShaver.exe"
Note that to start SheepShaver from the Windows GUI its name has to be exactly that.

Best,
Cat_7
GuyStarwind
Space Cadet

Re: SheepShaver used to work but now doesn't

Post by GuyStarwind »

I downloaded the one with the 2010 date on it under where to start, and yes, it's called SheepShaver.exe