Increasing window size for a game (Might & Magic: World of Xeen)

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

davidnyc
Space Cadet

Increasing window size for a game (Might & Magic: World of Xeen)

Post by davidnyc »

Hello! First, thanks to those who operate this site and the developers who created SheepShaver. I have version 2.5 running System 7.6 smoothly (in case it matters, I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave). I also have successfully gotten Might & Magic: World of Xeen running, which was my original goal in trying SheepShaver in the first place.

However, the window for World of Xeen is quite small (screenshot below), and I can't detect any way to enlarge it, apart from running SheepShaver in full-screen mode (which makes it bigger but not as big as I'd like). Are there any alternatives I might be missing?

Also, the system has been requiring me to run the Virtual CD Utility every time I boot up. Is there a way to avoid having to do this each time? Thanks so much!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Increasing window size for a game (Might & Magic: World of Xeen)

Post by adespoton »

Have you tried changing the screen resolution from the control strip at the bottom of your screen? After that you'd have to change the screen multiplier setting in windowed mode to make it look bigger, or just use the host OS zoom feature.
davidnyc
Space Cadet

Post by davidnyc »

Thank you so much for the reply!
After that you'd have to change the screen multiplier setting in windowed mode to make it look bigger, or just use the host OS zoom feature.
Can you explain further how I might do either of these?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Reduce the emulator screen resolution such that the game window fills all or most of the emulator window. Try one of the smaller resolution presets in the Monitor control panel (or in the corresponding item in the control strip, if installed). Then run SheepShaver full size.
davidnyc
Space Cadet

Post by davidnyc »

Ah, got it! Thank you so much!