SheepShaver fatal error! ID=2718

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

alisonator
Space Cadet

SheepShaver fatal error! ID=2718

Post by alisonator »

I've gone through all of the steps to get Sheepshaver downloaded, have been able to add the disk image copy, it sees the disk and appears to mount but when I click to install from the Install folder, I'm receiving the error "Fatal error! ID = 2718, Sorry, returning to Finder."

So far I've tried adding the .img file to Volumes to open within sheepshaver and tried copy the files to the disk drive after extracting the .sit file directly in the emulator. All roads seem to point to the same error. Help! :cry:
alisonator
Space Cadet

Re: SheepShaver fatal error! ID=2718

Post by alisonator »

Forgot to mention! I have SS running on Catalina
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Do you use a regular setup, with the recommended SheepShaver build downloaded from our forum: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7360
and did you use our setup guide: https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sh ... os_x_setup

Which install disk image do you use, the one from the “MacOS904CD_Intl.ZIP” download from Macintosh Garden that is mentioned in the setup guide?

What do you mean with "install folder"? There is no install folder on the install disk. The disk should automatically open in a window and there will be a "Mac OS Install" icon. Double clicking that icon will open the installer.
alisonator
Space Cadet

Post by alisonator »

Thank you for your response!

I did use the SheepShaver build from the forum and your setup guide but also watched a youtube walkthrough. I'm going to start from the beginning again in case I missed anything. Thank you!
alisonator
Space Cadet

Post by alisonator »

I wiped everything and started fresh. I used the regular setup with the recommended SheepShaver download and used the setup guid.

I also installed the MacOS904CD_Intl.ZIP from Macintosh Garden.

I am still getting the same error:

Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

1. If you did not yet do that, best check the CDROM checkbox for DUST.img (which is a CD image file) in the volumes list in preferences.

2. Read the readme! The game will not run from the CD (image). You will need to first install the game by dragging the Install folder to your hard drive (MacOSHD). You can rename the Install folder after installation if you wish.

3. For the game to run from the virtual HD, the CD image must still be mounted.

4. Before you start the game, set colors to 256 in Monitors control panel.

BTW: When you have completed OS9 installation, you can remove the OS9 installation disk from the volumes list in preferences.
alisonator
Space Cadet

Post by alisonator »

I was able to get it running after copying the Install folder to the hd. Thank you so much!