Sheepshaver not working.

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

cloimp2948
Space Cadet

Sheepshaver not working.

Post by cloimp2948 »

Hey i installed SheepShaver 2.0 and after installing the new world rom and the mac os 9 toast file ( i installed it on Macintosh Garden ) and putting it on the SheepShaver folder, i tried to open SheepShaver but it still crashed even though i had the rom file, here is an image of my SheepShaver folder.

Image (If you can't see it, i just joined the forum)

At first i saw than OpenEmu (An Video game emulation program) was using the rom file. i deleted openemu (i also didn't need it anymore) and after that the openemu logo on the rom file was gone, but SheepShaver still didn't recgonize it.

Is it an error in the rom or is the file actually with extensions, just hidden away? Eitherway, please help me.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Sheepshaver not working.

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

(You cannot add your screenshot like this. You need to upload it to a place on the internet where you can share the image and then link to it here.)

1. Which is your host system? I suppose it is macOS? which version?

2. SheepShaver 2.0? I suppose you mean SheepShaver 2.5. Which build (date!)?

3. Are both the SheepShaver application and the ROM file inside the SheepShaver folder?

4. Did you check the name of the ROM file in Finder Info panel for the file? Did you make sure the name is Mac OS ROM without a file name extension?
(Select the file icon and then hit command-I to open the Finder Info panel for the file.)
cloimp2948
Space Cadet

Re: Sheepshaver not working.

Post by cloimp2948 »

Sorry for being late, here are the awnsers.

1. Yes i use macOS, Version 11 "Big Sur".
2. Version 2.5, Build- 21 April 2021.
3. Yes, both are in the SheepShaver file.
4. I saw that in the name and extension field of the get info tab that the file extension with the file name was there. Should i change it?

Edit: It worked! don't need help anymore but thanks for the reply!
Last edited by cloimp2948 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.