Windows File Transfer in colinux

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

trexplorer

Windows File Transfer in colinux

Post by trexplorer »

Can anyone provide instruction for file transfer between windows and colinux. Mention is made of a drag and drop utiltiy called winscp in the colinux setup guide on this forum ... Thanks.
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

Once you install WinSCP you can drag and drop files between you coLinux session and windows. To use WinSCP 1st install it then find out the ip of your colinux session then with colinux running 2nd run WinSCP it will ask you for a host name which is the IP of colinux and the user name which is root and password which for the walkthrough is gentoo then click the login button and on one side is windows and the other colinux then drag and drop files into colinux side of the viewer
trexplorer

Post by trexplorer »

I've tried logging on as 192.168.1.100 un=root and pw=gentoo

I've also tried 192.168.1.100:1 (assume ":1" is the port).

I've also tried standard port that WinSCP shows at startup (i.e. 22)

Any other ideas (does an SCP host have to be started on colinux?).

By the way I can can access using terminal window and smb(i.e., "smbclient //homepc3/c U\ un") but only one PC in my network shows up (perhaps samba is not running on the other XP machines ...?)

Thanks.
trexplorer

Post by trexplorer »

See screenshot of my config ... perhaps that will identify the problem
trexplorer

Post by trexplorer »

Also note that file transfer speed in X using smb is very slow (much less than reported 10 Mbps on adapter)
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

Run /etc/init.d/sshd start to start ssh, if this command fails run emerge openssh to install ssh on your computer then run the first command.
trexploer

Post by trexploer »

Thanks ...

For some strange reason SMB Networking started working under the File Manager. Now all of the PC's on my network appear (so basically it's drag and drop .... although very slow file transfer).