no codewarrior 5.3 debugging

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

no codewarrior 5.3 debugging

Post by Guest »

so i installed codewarrior 5.0 (perfectly) and then the 5.3 update (perfectly) and the projects build and run just fine (w/o debugging)

The problem is debugging doesn't work :(. SheepShaver crashes with
Illegal instruction at 2171dccc, opcode = 7e800008

Any ideas what's going on here? (unimplemented opcode?)

Thanks.
Gwenole

Post by Gwenole »

That's a trap:
[00000004]-> d 0 0
00000000: 7e800008 twle r0,r0

SheepShaver currently does not support those trap instructions. I assume your debug build is to get hw breakpoints? In the mean time, I can implement that as NOPs but that's probably not what you want but at least it won't crash.

Post by Guest »

It would be interesting to see what happened.

The interaction between the metronub extension and the cw ide relies on it (regardless of whether I'm calling out a hw breakpoint or not at the user level). I'm just simply compiling a helloworld application and "enabling the debugger". I'll follow cvs and let you know what effect NOPing has.
Thanks.

Post by Guest »

adding to this the codewarrior ide opens up ".c" files in the editor just fine from the cvs about a week ago for editing etc. When I synced to get the ethernet update I got the latest cvs. Now it opens the project system fine, but when I click on a particular file to open in the editor the system freezes. I tried turning DR off and ethernet is off otherwise things are unstable. Is there a way I can get you a more useful error code - I don't see an exception just everything hangs in the UI.

This one code be me because I've been bouncing the os numerous times with the ethernet issues but I don't think so...