Mac Messenger 3.3 in SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

huntedsnake
Inquisitive Elf

Mac Messenger 3.3 in SheepShaver

Post by huntedsnake »

I have the latest SheepShaver build and i have many applications running smoothly including Internet Explorer 5 in Mac OS 8.6. The only thing missing is an instant messenger. All my friends are using MSN Messenger. Unfortunately the MSN Messenger for Mac doesn't run on anything less than Mac OS 9. After a lot of search i found an app called Mac Messenger 3.3 which is supposed to work with the latest MSN protocol. But when i use it, i cannot connect to the network, it gives me a strange error. I have to use a proxy to connect to the internet, and there is no option here to specify a proxy server.

Does anyone have any solution / alternative for MSN Messenger ? I know there is a web based java client at http://www.msn2go.com But i want to use a desktop client like Mac Messenger.
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

I use Mac Messenger on iMacs on OS 9.2.2 and it works a treat. It may be a problem with your network configuration. I'm not familiar with the app so it's over to someone else
ShadowFox
Tinkerer

Post by ShadowFox »

It may be worth mentioning that SheepShaver now runs up to 9.0.4. If you can get the update, or a copy of 9.0, that way work for you.