Compile problems, SheepShaver and Mandrake 10.

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

DualC
Student Driver

Compile problems, SheepShaver and Mandrake 10.

Post by DualC »

Hello, all.. i have compiled SheepShaver before with GOOD results... see the other threds i have writen.

But anyway, i have installed Mandrake 10.1b now cose i should not BOOTING from Mandrake 10, now to my problems.. it seems what Mandrake 10 not installing gtk+ 1.2.0, and over... ? i cant see it anyware in my system... ONLY gtk+ 2.??? blabla...

How do i compile SheepShaver on a NEW system...... kan i use gtk+ 2.?? instead.. ?

/Mattias
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Why dont you try to install the gnome development packages?
The gtk 1.2.0 error will generally disappear after that.

More people have had this problem, but as far as I know, no one has yet found out what package exactly to install to get rid of the error.

Cat_7
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

Thanks, i should look if i have dun what .. i have a rumor in my mind telling me i already dun what .. :( i should look.. :)
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

Now i'm really confused.... where is the gnome devel packages.. on the CD's i now i have compile it before BUT now my brain is totaly.... blackout.... HELP me..... please, i CANT find gnome devell, on Mandrake 9.2 or 10... :(

/Mattias
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

It success.. :) i find it.... :)
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Was it libgtk+1.2.x-devel? That's what Gwenole suggested to me, having installed the 2.x version but not the 1.2.x version seems to cause the AM_PATH_GTK error.
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

Yes, BUT now im confused AGAIN... i sucessfully compiled it with my Mandrake 10.1 install with Enlightenment.. BUT when i trie to start it... IT freeze my whole computer, i have in mind reading about to run it on other Windowmakers and AHA, maybee its Enlightenment who is crashing it...

Anyway, i do a new install of Mandrake 10.1 with Gnome instead.. BUT now I DONT know which RPM packets to install ... i have install libgtk+ 1.??? blablabla.. and so ON .. but i CAN't get it to compile.... i get the missing GTK thing... WHAT i'm doing wrong..

CAN't someone put up som list on whish RPM (or other), packages must HAVE to compile SheepShaver right... im now so confused i get rid of this.. shit soon, and maybee it's me doing wrong.. BUT anyway i think it's NOW time to put up some text explaining HOW to compile SheepShaver in the Right way....

regards /Mattias