Login  •  Register


The time is now: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies



Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:40 pm 
Offline
Forum All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:02 am
Posts: 1053
Location: Israel
bonehead wrote:
PPC_Digger wrote:
they have a "apple computer" section in os 7.5?


Yes... At least the last time I read it they did.

i always thought that before system 7.6 it was uncopyrighted.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:48 pm 
Offline
Tinkerer

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:35 pm
Posts: 80
PPC_Digger wrote:
i always thought that before system 7.6 it was uncopyrighted.


No. Apple still owns all of their intellectual property in 7.5 and before. They do allow users of Apple branded computers to use the older OS free of charge, but not free of Copyright. All restrictions still apply, just as if you paid for it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:33 am 
Offline
Forum All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:02 am
Posts: 1053
Location: Israel
bonehead wrote:
PPC_Digger wrote:
i always thought that before system 7.6 it was uncopyrighted.


No. Apple still owns all of their intellectual property in 7.5 and before. They do allow users of Apple branded computers to use the older OS free of charge, but not free of Copyright. All restrictions still apply, just as if you paid for it.

i hope they make os 8.1 the same...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:39 am 
Offline
Mac Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:49 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Woodway, Texas, USA
PPC_Digger wrote:
bonehead wrote:
PPC_Digger wrote:
i always thought that before system 7.6 it was uncopyrighted.


No. Apple still owns all of their intellectual property in 7.5 and before. They do allow users of Apple branded computers to use the older OS free of charge, but not free of Copyright. All restrictions still apply, just as if you paid for it.

i hope they make os 8.1 the same...

Yeah, I cant wait until a good ppc os is released for free. :P



>neospy 8)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:15 pm 
Offline
Tinkerer

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:35 pm
Posts: 80
Neospy wrote:
Yeah, I cant wait until a good ppc os is released for free. :P


But, It will still be illegal to run in on anything but an Apple Computer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:12 pm 
Offline
Mac Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:49 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Woodway, Texas, USA
Gee... Pear isnt even close to running 8.





>neospy 8)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:37 pm 
Offline
Tinkerer

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:35 pm
Posts: 80
Neospy wrote:
Gee... Pear isnt even close to running 8.


But Sheep Shaver does.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:30 pm 
Offline
Forum All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:02 am
Posts: 1053
Location: Israel
sheepshaver runs 8.1?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:36 pm 
Offline
Tinkerer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:32 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Utah, USA
Yes if you use an old world rom


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:45 pm 
Offline
Forum All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:02 am
Posts: 1053
Location: Israel
BTW do you know how to install x11 on fedora colinux (it doesn't have any networking tools in it except ping??!)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:06 pm 
Offline
Student Driver

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 2:47 pm
Posts: 22
Location: italy
PPC_Digger wrote:
BTW do you know how to install x11 on fedora colinux (it doesn't have any networking tools in it except ping??!)

if you dunno how tu use fedora just use a distro you can manage...
anyway apt-get is program you can use to download the packages you want

look at this http://jaak.sav.net/colinux/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:22 pm 
Offline
Forum All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:02 am
Posts: 1053
Location: Israel
i know how to use fedora the best of colinux distros (have a lot of expirience with red hat 9), but i tryied apt-get and i can't find the package i need.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:37 pm 
Offline
Tinkerer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:32 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Utah, USA
What version of fedora are you running on colinux? also do you have the network working?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:38 pm 
Offline
Student Driver

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 2:47 pm
Posts: 22
Location: italy
after an apt-get update...
to search a package do: apt-get -s <search string>

all the steps to instal fedora on colinux r on the link on the previous post


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
 

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group