Real HDD`s

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Elliot397
Space Cadet

Real HDD`s

Post by Elliot397 »

I have a real mac hard drive in my win machene and wondered if it works in basilisk II then will it work in sheep shaver?
gb
Real Swell Guy!

Post by gb »

I have not ported that feature since I have nothing to test right now.
skx
Space Cadet

Post by skx »

Gwenole, not that I'd want to keep you from smashing all the other little bugs (including the AMD JIT bug) but would it be helpful to send you a MacOS formatted HDD with files on it (I have a 6gig drive somewhere I could spare) for this?

Anything else that you might need that would be a huge help?

-sk
Silver9990
Inquisitive Elf

Re: Real HDD`s

Post by Silver9990 »

Elliot397 wrote:I have a real mac hard drive in my win machene and wondered if it works in basilisk II then will it work in sheep shaver?
How did you get a real mac hdd working in basiliskII? I've been trying to find a place to ask how to do it.
Neospy
Mac Mechanic

Post by Neospy »

Silver9990 wrote:
Elliot397 wrote:I have a real mac hard drive in my win machene and wondered if it works in basilisk II then will it work in sheep shaver?
How did you get a real mac hdd working in basiliskII? I've been trying to find a place to ask how to do it.
He didn't!!!! He asked if it worked.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

A real Mac HD will work for sure if it's SCSI and you have a SCSI card as I have done this before. It speeds things up bigtime when emulating, especially on a SMP system. (In Basilisk II)

As for IDE drives, it's hit and miss because support isn't always there. There have been reports with Basilisk II that some IDE drives work but sometimes they get corrupted. SCSI was the only tried tested and true. To work the best it needed to be setup on a real Mac so Windows wouldn't detect it at all and try and set it up.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

That post has nothing to do with this topic.

I'm fed up of all the spam.
Silver9990
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Silver9990 »

Neospy wrote:
Silver9990 wrote:
He didn't!!!! He asked if it worked.
I misread the post, so sue me.