Display breaks up in Sheepshaver OS X

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Protocol7
Space Cadet

Display breaks up in Sheepshaver OS X

Post by Protocol7 »

I recently tried out SheepShaver again in OS X using the 20050119 binary. Problem is, when I boot from the 8.6 CD, it switches resolution after a while to 800x600 and the display becomes complete garbage. I can't see anything and have to force-quit.

I tried building it from the source but still the same problem. I'm guessing it's SDL-related, but has anyone any ideas on how I can fix it (prefs entry perhaps)? Can't use SS in it's current state and I'd really love to. I don't fancy building it with X support as it's a whole lot handier running it as a mac app.

One other thing, can someone refresh my memory as to how to quit the emu? I'm force-quitting it everytime because all the key combinations I try don't work :P
Protocol7
Space Cadet

Post by Protocol7 »

Figured it out. Setting the frameskip to 0 was the culprit. Putting it back to 6 fixed it. Once I was able to see the screen, I was also able to figure out how to shut down too :)

No sound though, is there any way to get it working at all in the OS X port?