SheepShaver via Qemu and WInKnoppix?

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

SheepShaver via Qemu and WInKnoppix?

Post by Mac Emu »

I'm trying out the (LiveCD) Knoppix build that runs on Windows via Qemu that was announced yesterday. I don't have much experience with Knoppix, as far as what extra media it can read\write from (besides USB thumbdrives). Can any Linux guru get SheepShaver running on it?

From Slashdot.org

"As reported earlier Knoppix 3.8 was presented and CD's distributed at CeBIT recently. For those of us who were not able to attend, some kind folks have posted a torrent for all to enjoy. Now, here's where it really gets interesting. Using QEMU (processor emulator) chris-uk has posted a modified version of Knoppix 3.8 that will run under Windows if auto-played, or if you wish, you can boot the CD for normal Knoppix. You can find the torrent here."

Jorpho
Master Emulator

Post by Jorpho »

Confound it, this CD does nothing for me! QEmu is supposed to work under Windows 2000 Pro, right?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I can't find that info on the qemu website. Just the guest OSes supported. But I imagine it should run on Windows 2000.

Ha, I can't find my CD. But I had to do some trick to get it to launch. Something like running a batch file on the CD using a DOS prompt instead of using autorun.ini or double-clicking on an executable.