SheepShaver for Windows #3 -Test Build!

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

khawkins98
Space Cadet

Post by khawkins98 »

Cat_7:
Seems the release is infact 2.2 -- That's what i was getting stuck on, kept looking for a 3.0 release. Wondered how they jumped from 2.2 to 3.0. Thanks for the help.
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

Hey...

I have downloaded the newest windows Exe of SheepShaver from gwenoles file area, i've also downloaded the latest SDL.DLL file 1.2.8..

BUT when i trie to start SheepShaver it CRASH... it's stand somthing about SDL.DLL.. i put a picture here. :)

The Picture

/Mattias
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

You picked up this file?

http://gwenole.beauchesne.free.fr/sheep ... .win32.zip

Then you should be OK, but remember the Windows builds are not as stable as the Linux builds. They are just tests to see if building for Windows would work.

Cat_7
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

Yes, i do... but i have seen all depends on which SDL.DLL file u use, now i have got Sheep Shaver to run..but not to boot my, MacOS :)
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

There could numerous things wrong, let's start with the obvious:

What Mac OS do you have? It should be 8.5 to 9.0.4.

Is it on cdrom?
If so, did you install the cdenable.sys file?

And what rom file do you use?

Do you have an empty HD image?

Is you config file set up correctly?

Cat_7
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

Never mind, i got it to work now.. :) thanks anyway =)
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

DualC wrote:Never mind, i got it to work now.. :) thanks anyway =)
it would be cool to know what you did to solve your problem might help someone else
DualC
Student Driver

Post by DualC »

Today, i thinked to get SheepShaver for Windows a try again, i downloaded the latest Win32 Exe from gwenoles site,

SheepShaver-2.2-20050321.win32.zip, i also downloaded the latest SDL.DLL file, SDL-1.2.8-win32.zip.

I have putted, in the right path to my ROM file, but then i trie to start SheepShaver, JUST nothing happening, i dont get a screen at all i dont even get an error message.. :(

Whats wrong, i CANT.. use Linux, cose i like My Mandrake Linux, and it's now soo stripped so many of the dev programs are gone to compile JUST SheepShaver.. :(

Help me please.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Gwenole provides binaries for Linux. Since he works for Mandriva, it should work well on Mandrake.

http://gwenole.beauchesne.online.fr/she ... 8.i586.rpm

But now I remember that recent SheepShaver binaries (and CVS) wouldn't run on Mandrake on my Athlon XP. Try the Previous Binary Releases as there were older builds that still worked (when the GUI configuration manager changed, SheepShaver builds stopped working for me).

For Windows, if I were you, I'd get rid of your SheepShaver_prefs file and use SheepGUI to setup the prefs file. SheepGUI requires the .NET framework to be installed. If you still can't get it working, post the contents of your SheepShaver_prefs file.

BTW (everyone), I may be offline for at least a month. I'm hoping to use the free time to work more on a new GUI for SheepShaver that uses the Win32 API.
Silver9990
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Silver9990 »

Cat_7 wrote:What Mac OS do you have? It should be 8.5 to 9.0.4.
Why only 8.5-9.0.4? I have System 7.5.5 running just fine. Well, almost, it seems to completely hang after a while. I can run it for about 3-4 minutes before it hangs.

Update:

I successfully got System 7.5.3 Rev. 2.2 running by doing a custom install and selecting Universal Install.
Silver9990
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Silver9990 »

ivanhasyou wrote:
Neospy wrote:
ivanhasyou wrote:however, im getting a weird mouse issue where when i click anywhere, it can only click on the apple menu
Ok, that is weird. I have not had this problem, but has anyone noticed the number 3 key is not mapped except on the number pad?

>neospy 8)
well, i got rid of the problem by disabling unused extensions... wow, this speed is very usable :mrgreen:
I don't have any extensions turned on but I am still having the same problem.
macmax
Student Driver

Help

Post by macmax »

Sheepshaver on windows tries to load and all I get is the smileing mac and then the boot screen with the progress bar. it continues to load for a second and then it disappears! What is wrong? IS it because I tried to use the hard drive file from basilisk with 7.5.5 on it?
Silver9990
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Silver9990 »

I had previously had the same problem, run the hdd in basiliskII and turn off all of the extensions and it should work on SheepShaver.