Running Deus Ex in sheepshaver a better choice then classic?

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

SuperSayinPatSajack33
Space Cadet

Running Deus Ex in sheepshaver a better choice then classic?

Post by SuperSayinPatSajack33 »

Okay, so I have this game, which my friend gave to me, known as Deus Ex. I have never played it, (I know, I'm behind in my gaming), and wanted to try it on my eMac. Now, most classic games don't even install, so I thought that maybe this game would work without any effort because it did install. I try running it on both Rave and Software video settings, but it crashes on loading the package MoverSFX. I was thinking maybe if I got sheepshaver, I could possibly run this application through it. But I can't use the mac os 9 that comes with classic can I? and what else would I need to run it? Would it even work(well) through sheepshaver? any help is most welcome, hope I get it running. thank you.
Neospy
Mac Mechanic

Post by Neospy »

Well, I am not sure that the eMac can boot from classic... If someone knows it is possible, and you have OS9 Installed, you should be able to from the control panel then startup disk.
SuperSayinPatSajack33
Space Cadet

Post by SuperSayinPatSajack33 »

No, I tried running it in classic, and there is a version of OS 9 that comes with OS X 10.3 that is meant for running classic, but I'm not sure the OS 9 I have can be used for emulation. and does Sheepshaver support hardware accelerated graphics? I also tried to do what you suggested with the control panel start-up disk feature, and OS 9 did not show up.