Linux Emulator

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

kaziorvb2
Student Driver

Linux Emulator

Post by kaziorvb2 »

hi
i want to run linux under windows xp
ive tried VirtualPC for WinXP/2k 2004 - works, but veeery slow (and too low VRAM - 4MB :O) i dont know how to increase VRAM in VPC
so ive used VMWare Workstation 5 - works better (16MB VRAM) but i want to get more VRAM (to run games, multimedias etc)! i dont know how.
ive searched by google and ive found one position that matches in 80% my problem. "increasing vram: in the console - svga.vram = x (in bytes)"
but nowhere was written where is the console and where ive got to make a change
does any1 know how to increase VRAM in VPC or VMWare (better)
or
is there any linux emulator (hmm not an emulator 'cos i got to run x86 on x86) or (better) x86 emulator for x86 (i want to switch between OSes - Win98/2003/Longhorn but with larger VRAM size - eg. 64MB or better 128MB - i got GFX5200 128MB)

kaziorvb2
kaziorvb2
Student Driver

wrong topic?

Post by kaziorvb2 »

i want to have an linux emulator to emulate mac os on sheepshaver on linux ('cos its faster and stabler)
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

you could try colinux. Colinux is a linux enviroment for windows. There is a guide to set up SheepShaver under colinux here in the forum search for colinux
Havin_it
Mac Mechanic

Post by Havin_it »

Or, if you have a spare 7GB or so on your disk and can do partitioning, install Linux. The performance ought to be a fair bit better...