Login  •  Register

The time is now: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:48 am 
Space Cadet

It works, but I cannot boot with the extensions on. I'm using a ROM from my Performa 6300. I tried booting 7.5.3 but it crashes..

Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:31 am 
Master Emulator

are you talking about basilisk or sheepshaver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:43 am 
Space Cadet

I have Sheepshaver 2.3 and I'm talking about Sheepshaver. I still couldn't get it booting even with the extensions off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:37 am 
Master Emulator

ok well thats your problem sheepshaver will boot 8.6 to 9.0.4 basilisk will boot 7.5.3 to 8.1, also take note that sheepshaver linux is alot more stable and complete then the window port and i think but i aint sure that its the same for basilisk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:13 am 
Forum All-Star

SheepShaver will boot older Mac OSes too as long as you use an appropriate Old World ROM like Alyssachanpc is using.

Mind you, I don't know how much Gwenole wants to support the older OSes.

Alyssachanpc: What I did under Mac OS 7.6.1 is move all my extentions into a temp folder and rebooted to make sure I could get to the desktop with all the control panels enabled. Then I started moving a few extensions at a time back into the extensions folder and rebooted each time to make sure those extensions allowed SheepShaver to get to the desktop. (I could have used the Now Startup Manager to pinpoint the failing extension, but did it manually instead. Conflict Catcher could do the same.)

I currently have almost all 7.6.1 extensions and 3rd party (like Now Utilities and Stuffit Deluxe 5.5) enabled and can even surf the Internet using the NAT\Router. I just have a few more extensions to move back into the extensions folder before finding out what caused SheepShaver to originally quit on me without disabling all extensions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:10 pm 
Master Emulator

Mac Emu wrote:
SheepShaver will boot older Mac OSes too as long as you use an appropriate Old World ROM like Alyssachanpc is using.

Mind you, I don't know how much Gwenole wants to support the older OSes.

Alyssachanpc: What I did under Mac OS 7.6.1 is move all my extentions into a temp folder and rebooted to make sure I could get to the desktop with all the control panels enabled. Then I started moving a few extensions at a time back into the extensions folder and rebooted each time to make sure those extensions allowed SheepShaver to get to the desktop. (I could have used the Now Startup Manager to pinpoint the failing extension, but did it manually instead. Conflict Catcher could do the same.)

I currently have almost all 7.6.1 extensions and 3rd party (like Now Utilities and Stuffit Deluxe 5.5) enabled and can even surf the Internet using the NAT\Router. I just have a few more extensions to move back into the extensions folder before finding out what caused SheepShaver to originally quit on me without disabling all extensions.

ah i didnt know it was able to boot earlyer os

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:08 pm 
Space Cadet

It works now. Thank you...