Problem With The GUI

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Dark Zero
Space Cadet

Problem With The GUI

Post by Dark Zero »

Hi All!

I have a problem with Sheepshaver...Here it Goes.
I download it, the SDL, and the GTK. I install'em and it says an error of something like "Pango" and I can't use it!
What Should I DO? :(

PS: when I can, l'll post the message
kikkoman
Master Emulator

Post by kikkoman »

"Pango"....??! sounds like an April Fool's Day prank somebody inserted in the source code, just for kicks.... otherwise, i'm stumped. :|
dmbtech
Student Driver

Post by dmbtech »

Pango is for fonts. Make sure gtk runtime envorment is installed, and the correct version. Pango is real, not an april fools joke. If that doesn't work, tell me and ill get you a version with it statically compiled, or send you the dll directly.
dmbtech
Student Driver

Post by dmbtech »

For clarification, exact definition from the wikipedia is:
In computing, Pango is an open source library for rendering internationalized texts integrated into GTK+ 2. The name pango is from Greek "Pan" (Παν; lit. all) + Japanese "Go" (語; lit. language).
Generally, when your programming in linux (or even windows) its best to use pango with gtk, in case you want to support internationallization.
Dark Zero
Space Cadet

Post by Dark Zero »

I promised to post the error, well here it goes...
dmbtech
Student Driver

Post by dmbtech »

Thats weird. Looks like an internationalization error. What language is that? Can you try switching your operating language to english just to see if it works?
Dark Zero
Space Cadet

Post by Dark Zero »

dmbtech wrote:Thats weird. Looks like an internationalization error. What language is that? Can you try switching your operating language to english just to see if it works?
Dunno. I have Windows Xp Sp2 in spanish...could that be the problem?
dmbtech
Student Driver

Post by dmbtech »

Yeh, that definitly seems like its the problem. I don't know if you can change the locale in windows, but if you can, try to temporarilly do that. This could either be a gtk-runtime bug or Sheepshaver, but it is definitly a bug and not your fault. I would try posting http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=2123 there in the forum, and maybe here for bug reports: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=102123 . The developers might have a solution.