Keyboard Problem!

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

supermoo
Space Cadet

Keyboard Problem!

Post by supermoo »

Hi there, I'm fairly new to SheepShaver and Mac emulation overall but I managed to get everything up and running. However I'm having a slight problem with a few keys on my keyboard, namely the arrow keys. When I try to use the regular arrow keys in Mac OS 9.0.4 all it does is print the corresponding NUMBER on the NUMPAD instead of moving the cursor up/down/left/right. Now this is particularly odd since the arrow keys I'm pressing aren't the NUMPAD ones and I can't seem to be able to figure out what's wrong. I've also noticed this happening with the PgUp/PgDn/Home/End keys as well. Note this is happening with ALL aspects of the OS, whether it's in renaming a file/folder, typing something in a text file, and writing code.

Ex: Press UP arrow and an '8' will be printed on the screen. Down will print a '2' and PgUp will print a '9', etc.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with my keyboard but since I don't have another one lying around I can't be sure. The keyboard is a Logitech Media Keyboard.

Hope someone out there will know a solution as I'm stumped. Thanks everyone.