No Sound

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

rebelx24
Space Cadet

No Sound

Post by rebelx24 »

Hi,
I'm using Sheepshaver on an Intel Mac, and I have OS 9.0 installed on the emulator. I'm getting no sound output at all, even though the control panel indicates that "built-in" is the output source. Also, the volume control doesn't work; when I try to move the slider away from the right end of the bar, it just pops right back. What's the deal? Anyone know? Thanks.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: No Sound

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

rebelx24 wrote:I'm getting no sound output at all, even though the control panel indicates that "built-in" is the output source.
Is "Built-in" selected? Did you actually click it to select it?
Also, the volume control doesn't work; when I try to move the slider away from the right end of the bar, it just pops right back.
Apparently 'normal' in SheepShaver. It is the same in my installation, though sound does work here.

Sound Output is not disabled in GUI or Prefs settings?

Which version of SheepShaver do you use?
rebelx24
Space Cadet

Post by rebelx24 »

Well, you're never going to believe this: everything was set just right, but I had my sound turned down :lol: . Boy, sometimes it's the simplest thing...

Now, I have another problem: the sound I am getting is very choppy when I'm playing games. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.
EVWeb
Student Driver

Post by EVWeb »

Do you have the JIT Compiler turned on? If not that could be the problem.
rebelx24
Space Cadet

Post by rebelx24 »

Yep, that seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated 8) .
mathwhiz90601
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mathwhiz90601 »

rebelx24 wrote:Well, you're never going to believe this: everything was set just right, but I had my sound turned down :lol: . Boy, sometimes it's the simplest thing...
Yep, just like when somebody is hacking around inside their computer trying to get it to start if they don't have it plugged in.