how do I get backquote key to work?

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

davidshermantax
Tinkerer

how do I get backquote key to work?

Post by davidshermantax »

I've just started using "SheepShaver(H) UB 21-07-2008.app" on a MacBook Pro. Thanks for all the work you guys have done to get it running.

(I'm trying basically to emulate my home system when I travel. That system is a G4 running OS 9. I haven't upgraded to OS X because of several Classic applications I use including HyperCard. I had Classic running on a Powerbook G4 until recently, but that machine died so I had to get a MacBook Pro.)

SheepShaver's running OK and my applications run, but I can't get the ` backquote key to work. It comes out as a § (section symbol, like option-6). Is there a way to map the keyboard so that I can get a backquote?

(This is important for me because I use TypeIt4Me to save typing time for many repeated sequences, and I use codes that begin with backquote for all my TypeIt4Me abbreviations.)

Thanks.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

Open the SheepShaver Preferences from the topline menu.

Go to the Miscellaneous tab.

Add a checkmark to Use raw keycodes.

In the blank field next to Use raw keycodes, enter "keycodes.sdl" if that file is in the same folder with the SheepShaver application; otherwise, enter the full path. If you don't have the file, search for it; it should be supplied with SheepShaver in many places.

Shut down SheepShaver. Restart it.
davidshermantax
Tinkerer

Perfect! Thanks very much

Post by davidshermantax »

Works great.