Login  •  Register

The time is now: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:43 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:04 am 
Expert User

These are early instructions from the developmental stage of the feature. Better use the instructions in our setup guide:
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/she ... l_machines

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:29 am 
Tinkerer

Thank you for your prompt response.

What I am trying to determine:

1. Can one specify a prefs and nvram file on the command line so that the hidden files in the $HOME folder are not used?
2. Whether the virtual machine mechanism does or does not use the 2 files in the $HOME folder, and if NOT, how is that achieved?

I am writing yet-another-frontend and find it very annoying that alternative prefs and nvram files can't be obviously specified. I have got a working workaround, but it relies on a really dirty hack.

Thanks again

Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:37 pm 
Expert User

Have a look at the SheepShaverLauncher application, it does what you are looking for. With it you can create (or import), configure, and launch multiple VMs from one single interface. The Launcher itself will create VMs as folders, each with its own prefs and nvram files, but it will also accept import of existing .sheepvm packages.

SheepShaverLauncher was created by the user who is known here as "Myrd". The latest build was created three years ago by the user who is known here as "vasi". The download can be found on vasi's DropBox. If you go the sticky topic with SheepShaver builds, you will find a link under "Self contained SheepShaver virtual machines" that leads to a post by vasi mentioning various BasiliskII and SheepShaver builds. The link there leads to his DropBox.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:44 pm 
Tinkerer

Thank you for your patience and your detailed response - I'll follow your advice.

And thank you for the incredible effort you put into answering and helping people on this forum and site. I don't know how you do it! :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:37 pm 
Space Cadet

So, I was running the SheepShaverLauncher programme, and everything was well until I replaced
Code:
/path/to/SheepShaverLauncher_b?.app/Contents/MacOS/SheepShaver
with the newest version, and now I get:
Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
  Referenced from: /path/to/SheepShaverLauncher_b1.app/Contents/MacOS/SheepShaver
  Reason: image not found

The reason I have the log readily available is because I'm running through the Terminal, because unidentified devs, ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:07 pm 
Expert User

1. I have absolutely no idea what you did or what you are trying to do.

2. You replaced what with the newest version of what? Did you modify the Launcher application? You should not do that.

3. No need to use Terminal to run an application because of the 'unidentified developer' message. Simply right-click (or control-click) the application icon and choose "Open" from the contextual menu. After you have done that once, you can launch the application normally by double-clicking the icon.

Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3