cannot map sheepshaver data area: no error.

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

cannot map sheepshaver data area: no error.

Post by starfiretbt »

Sheepshaver won't open, I'm getting the error message "Cannot map SheepShaver Data area: No error."
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: cannot map sheepshaver data area: no error.

Post by emendelson »

A search of the forum yields this very extensive discussion (briefly: restart your machine):

viewtopic.php?t=10988
starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Post by starfiretbt »

That's very strange, I tried searching ""cannot map sheepshaver" and I couldn't find that post. I knew it was there, I knew the problem often resolved itself, but if it didn't I didn't know what else to do and I couldn't find that particular post. Thanks for finding it for me.
starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Post by starfiretbt »

I still can't get it to work. I tried restarting and rebooting my computer, I tried reinstalling the latest GTK runtime, I've tried turning on and off the JIT compiler, I've tried up updating to the latest SheepShaver for Windows (26-01-2022), and it won't start.

I did receive a Trojan virus recently which Microsoft Defender blocked but kept bugging me about and the solution was to delete some file history where that data was stored just to keep it from bugging me (I forgot what the data was).

EDIT: Also I have shut down every non-essential program using the task manager and it still has the same error.