Strange SheepShaver glitch

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

SSS
Granny Smith

Strange SheepShaver glitch

Post by SSS »

For some reason, when I'm using SheepShaver (on Windows XP SP3), the equal sign (=) is keyed once every second even though I'm not pressing that key at all. I haven't used SheepShaver in a few weeks (when this issue was NOT occurring), so I know I haven't changed anything in SheepShaver that could possibly be causing this issue. I'm using Mac OS 9.0.4.

I made a video to show this issue (go to about halfway into the video): http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/ ... ch0002.flv

Any ideas? :?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

That's really bizarre. Did you find a solution?
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

Try running MSCONFIG (from Start/Run) and temporarily disable as many of your startup programs as you can, and see if the behavior stops. If that happens, start restoring the startup programs one by one until you find the one that causes it; then disable it again.
Windozed
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Windozed »

Also, would you by any chance be using a wireless keyboard?
SSS
Granny Smith

Post by SSS »

emendelson wrote:Try running MSCONFIG (from Start/Run) and temporarily disable as many of your startup programs as you can, and see if the behavior stops. If that happens, start restoring the startup programs one by one until you find the one that causes it; then disable it again.
No luck with that. I even attempted booting into Safe Mode and running SheepShaver there, but the problem still occurs there! :?
Windozed wrote:Also, would you by any chance be using a wireless keyboard?
No; I'm running SheepShaver on a laptop.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Does this happen in all programs you run? Are you using a keycode file with sheepshaver?
And what SheepShaver version are you running?

Best,
Cat_7
SSS
Granny Smith

Post by SSS »

Cat_7 wrote:Hi,

Does this happen in all programs you run? Are you using a keycode file with sheepshaver?
And what SheepShaver version are you running?

Best,
Cat_7
Yes, it happens in all programs running in Mac OS 9. Not sure what a keycode file is. I'm using SheepShaver 2.3-Pre May 14, 2006.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You might want to try the latest Sheepshaver for Windows, available from here:
http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5325

Copy your old SheepShaver.exe somewhere for savekeeping and overwrite the original with the one from the download.

A keycode file translates keyboard layouts from one language to another. It is set using the SheepShaverGUI, under the tab Keyboard/Mouse.

Best,
Cat_7
SSS
Granny Smith

Post by SSS »

No luck with the newer build, either.