Increasing Stability for PPC Sheepshaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Kaji
Space Cadet

Increasing Stability for PPC Sheepshaver

Post by Kaji »

After finally laying hands on an 8.6 install and a Performa ROM, I've got SheepShaver up and running. It seems to be running fine, but it seems the smallest things are setting it off—trying to open the Appearance control panel, accessing my OS X volume to transfer files into SS, or setting up Outlook, for example. I'm running it in 10.5 on a G5 PowerMac. Any ideas for what I can do to increase the stability (or things that I should just avoid to appease it)? Thanks!
sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

Re: Increasing Stability for PPC Sheepshaver

Post by sheepmyshaver123 »

The stability is fixed based on your computer configuration. Set to lower memory or deactivate sound to increase stability.
Sheepmyshaver123, the mankind of technology forever!

"On May 15th, Fortuna Wave will introduce Sheepmyshaver123. And you'll see why 2009 won't be like '1984.'"
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Increasing Stability for PPC Sheepshaver

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Which version of SheepShaver are you using? And did you do a clean install for any model from the CD?

Running office is a problem with SheepShaver. Best results are had with Office 98. The later versions run unstable (if at all).
The shared folder shouldn't show problems. You might try another Rom (like the one from the redundant robot website)
You might also try running an older version of SheepShaver on you PowerPC Mac.

Best,
Cat_7