SheepShaver WITH sound?

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

SAK `
Tinkerer

SheepShaver WITH sound?

Post by SAK ` »

Where can I find a version of SS that does have sound support? The one I got right now (very latest) has no sound.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I believe SheepShaver does have sound. You need a special control panel to activate it in Mac OS.

Just search the forum, the information is there,

Cat_7
kikkoman
Master Emulator

Post by kikkoman »

once you're in the MacOS, simply go to the control panels and depending on what Mac OS you're using, just open the "Sound" or "Monitors & Sound" control panel and make the necessary adjustments.

*note: you may have to trash some files in the "Preferences" folder to get things going fresh
**usually it's the sound preferences, Monitor&Sound preferences, or something with Quicktime.... i'm not entirely sure about this one... proceed at your own risk

Otherwise, if you're still not getting any sound check the following:

1) verify that you're using a rom from a real PPC mac and not the one from the Rom Update image (quicktime is messed up with that one....for me at least)

2) make sure the version of quicktime you have installed works with the rom you're using (v6.0.3 works fine with my rom in terms of audio, video and picture support... but i've heard some people had to downgrade to 5.x for other issues)

3) double=check your settings in the "SheepShaver_prefs" file (maybe you could post yours so we can see if anything is missing or not set-up properly).
another guest
Space Cadet

Post by another guest »

Hello,
I have also sound problem : I had sound working correctly at installation. However somehow the sound disappeared... Each time I change the volume in MacOS, it goes down to zero automatically...

Any solution other than clean reinstall?
Seldane
Space Cadet

Post by Seldane »

Click on the Apple menu, select the preferences tab and open the "Sound" options.

Click on the "Sound output" tab and click on "internal speaker" or whatever it might be called (my OS is in Swedish).

I had the same "problem" as you but this WILL work. :)
another guest
Space Cadet

Post by another guest »

Removing the preference file didn't change anything.

As to the sound option from the control panel,
"internal speaker" or whatever it might be called is checked already...