Mac OSX on SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

ali88

Mac OSX on SheepShaver

Post by ali88 »

Hi everyone...
I have a question:
When SheepShaver will ready to use and will it can run Mac OSX?
sorry for english mistakes :oops:
Dylan
Student Driver

Please don't start!

Post by Dylan »

It's good that you're interested in Sheepshaver but you can only run Sheepshaver if you have Linux. And it CAN'T run OS X yet, not for a while.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

SheepShaver will run OS 7.5.2 to OS 8.6.

Being a 604 processor emulator, it may never run OS X natively. But maybe eventually it could use XPostFacto. There is still alot of work to be done to meet everyones' demands.

The plan was to eventually migrate the PPC support into Basilisk II. That way you could choose to emulate 680x0 or PPC under Basilisk II (for Linux).

And SheepShaver or the improved Basilisk II may never be ported to Windows unless someone very smart ports it.
Dylan
Student Driver

Post by Dylan »

And if someone's that smart they should be using their time more wisely. :D
ali88

Post by ali88 »

I have Suse Linux 9 Pro and i havent any problem with using it...
but I have not Mac OS 8.6 and I cant find it in my country but I have Mac OSX 10.1 and if newer Power PCs will not emulate I will very sad :(
But I hope after some months or years it will emulate new Power PCs :wink:
Scott

Post by Scott »

Got it built by just commenting out the PrefsEditor thing, I was hoping it would only disable the GUI prefs editor, which seems to be the case, but as soon as I launch it I get an illegal operation after it displays the window, gray background, and mouse cursor. I dumped the ROM from 9.0 on a G3 upgraded 8500, as that's all I have available at the moment. I don't get an error when it reads the ROM, don't know if that might be a problem or not.

Illegal instruction at 40da73a8, opcode = 093a093a

So close ;)

Scott