MOUSE CAPTURE!!!

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

UberFoX
Student Driver

MOUSE CAPTURE!!!

Post by UberFoX »

Decided to work on it myself heres the topic

http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... 04&p=43052
Last edited by UberFoX on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
UberFoX
Student Driver

Re: MOUSE CAPTURE!!!

Post by UberFoX »

If nobody wants to do this how about a Teamviewer session or guide to download/config/compile the source code so i can work on it myself and fix the mouse....

I just require a working and compilable code for Windows then i *will* fix the mouse probably in an hour or less i mean seriously i make 3D games myself capturing the mouse and handling mouse movements is one of the most trivial parts of making the game (Even when the whole process has to be done manually with no easy library). So im willing to give it a try.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

This emulator is not being actively developed anymore. The updates posted here represent maintenance contributed by forum members. I do hope that someone can provide a patch doing what you describe. UberFoX, many members here are able to compile the emulator. If you need help just ask.
UberFoX
Student Driver

Post by UberFoX »

ClockWise wrote:This emulator is not being actively developed anymore. The updates posted here represent maintenance contributed by forum members. I do hope that someone can provide a patch doing what you describe. UberFoX, many members here are able to compile the emulator. If you need help just ask.
Its not deved anymore? Is there ANY ppc os 9 capable emu that is benig deved?

The emu is so close to being good after looking in SVN section most of the files havent been touched in 10 years this is a terrible state to be in.... (just noticed that previous update was 2006 wtf)

In any case there a bunch of things i could fix if i had a working compilable windows code.

So what exactly is needed to compile it on windows?

I need the very latest source code with all any fixes the community has made etc.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

There are some notes here:

http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... r_basilisk

Does that help?
UberFoX
Student Driver

Post by UberFoX »

ClockWise wrote:There are some notes here:

http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... r_basilisk

Does that help?
Maybe (probably not since there is no src folder and this seems to be for basilisk2) but thats not much useful without the correct source ....

Is that the newest code? Or do the forum users have their own custom code that i need?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

The instructions at the beginning of the guide are for SheepShaver. There are instructions for Basilisk II a bit further down.

I'll let another member give you details about how to obtain the most recent code, but I think you can get it following the original instructions:

http://sheepshaver.cebix.net/

The stuff that's linked to at the bottom is experimental, and probably does not reflect the most recent patches that have been provided here. I don't know if it would be useful to you.
Last edited by ClockWise on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
UberFoX
Student Driver

Post by UberFoX »

ClockWise wrote:The instructions at the beginning of the guide are for SheepShaver. There are instructions for Basilisk II a bit further down.

I'll let another member give you details about how to obtain the most recent code, but I think you can get it following the original instructions:

http://sheepshaver.cebix.net/

The stuff that's linked to at the bottom is experimental, and probably does not reflect the most recent patches that have been provided here. I don't know if it would be useful to you.
Cant really get it to compile (visual studio 2008) since the file
#include "ppc-execute-impl.cpp"
does not exist
and too many errors;

Error 9 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall powerpc_cpu::execute_vector_arith<struct op_template_xor<unsigned __int64>,struct v2di_operand<struct bit_field<6,10>,unsigned __int64>,struct v2di_operand<struct bit_field<11,15>,unsigned __int64>,struct v2di_operand<struct bit_field<16,20>,unsigned __int64>,struct null_vector_operand,struct fake_bit_field<bool,0>,0>(unsigned int)" (??$execute_vector_arith@U?$op_template_xor@_K@@U?$v2di_operand@U?$bit_field@$05$09@@_K@@U?$v2di_operand@U?$bit_field@$0L@$0P@@@_K@@U?$v2di_operand@U?$bit_field@$0BA@$0BE@@@_K@@Unull_vector_operand@@U?$fake_bit_field@_N$0A@@@$0A@@powerpc_cpu@@AAEXI@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'private: static struct powerpc_cpu::instr_info_t const * const powerpc_cpu::powerpc_ii_table''(void)" (??__E?powerpc_ii_table@powerpc_cpu@@0QBUinstr_info_t@1@B@@YAXXZ) ppc-decode.obj SheepShaver
Error 10 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall powerpc_cpu::execute_vector_unpack<1,struct v4si_operand<struct bit_field<6,10>,int>,struct v8hi_operand<struct bit_field<16,20>,short,struct ev_mixed> >(unsigned int)" (??__E?powerpc_ii_table@powerpc_cpu@@0QBUinstr_info_t@1@B@@YAXXZ) ppc-decode.obj SheepShaver
Error 314 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__remove referenced in function _cleanup_output SDLmain.lib SheepShaver
Error 315 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__fgetc referenced in function _cleanup_output SDLmain.lib SheepShaver
Error 316 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__setbuf referenced in function _redirect_output SDLmain.lib SheepShaver
Error 317 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__setvbuf referenced in function _redirect_output SDLmain.lib SheepShaver
Error 318 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__freopen referenced in function _redirect_output SDLmain.lib SheepShaver
Error 319 fatal error LNK1120: 310 unresolved externals C:\Documents and Settings\WinXP\Desktop\sheepshaver\src\Windows\\SheepShaver.exe SheepShaver
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You can't compile using VS. You'll need to use the method described in the compiling guide:
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... vironments

-install Cygwin as prescribed in the preparation section
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... nvironment

-download the source code of both Basilisk and SheepShaver
Described in the "Actions for all environments section"

-compile using the commands in the guide
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... in_windows

Best,
Cat_7
UberFoX
Student Driver

Post by UberFoX »

OK if i can get compile working heres some fixes i want to do that shouldnt be too hard:

* Add a mouse capture system that makes FPS games like DooM/Descent etc work nicely
* Make virtual volumes work properly and ability to mount specific windows folders as a hard disk (This will remove the need to create stupid amounts of hard files since games/apps will run nicely from windows folders)
* Slightly improve memory management (perhaps try free some ram and reuse it if possible ... not a full memory management just a little hack to try keep the emu going as long as possible)
* Fix the emulator from causing mouse pointer to snap around screen when stuff is loading/installing and the emu has no focus
* Add an F12 thing similar to WinUAE that allows a series of options to be changed while the emu is running such as mounting/unmounting folders

All the above arent exactly hard things to code i believe i could do that assuming i get the latest source + patches + compilable environment.

Heres some much harder things that will need doing eventually :
* Properly read a series of CD Image files such as iso, nrg, toast (assuming the specs are available for it), ccd etc
* Improve stability and core features
* USB handler (More of a USB re-direct to keep things simple)
* proper way to access CDs without needing some silly DLL
* Ability to use windows folder for the whole operating system (Instead of just apps/games which i will be fixing above^)
* Ability to drag and drop files between windows and the virtual mac (This will be tricky however i think it wont be TOO hard since the emu can already read the hard disk so it could in theory read what you are dragging and place it where you want it)
* and more things i would love to do in time....

In my opinion SheepShaver is far from complete but its still very good base to start with and with a few good devs doing some serious work it could be become almost complete.

I make apps/games myself.

I can spend up to 10-15 hours a day working on code so i would like to get the latest code + working compile for this emu and get to work :)
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I can give you some pointers on how to set up the development tools in a Teamviewer session. Please let me know when you are available.

Best,
Cat_7
UberFoX
Student Driver

Post by UberFoX »

Cat_7 wrote:Hi,

I can give you some pointers on how to set up the development tools in a Teamviewer session. Please let me know when you are available.

Best,
Cat_7
Im available all day e-mail is uberfox@hotmail.com

msn is uberfox@hotmail.com

Just e-mail me when you are ready im waiting lol we can teamviewer im sure i can make sheepshaver a bit better!.