(TESTING#3) SheepShaver for 32-bit Linux 06/18/2012 w/ Boing

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Does 32bit Linux SheepShaver work for you?

Yes (Most)?
100%
Video On Signal Fail (VOSF) mode off Only?
No votes
SDL Varients Only?
No votes
Plain Compatibility Mode Only?
No votes
No?
No votes

Total votes: 1
Drathian
Student Driver

(TESTING#3) SheepShaver for 32-bit Linux 06/18/2012 w/ Boing

Post by Drathian »

Here is the readme i included formated for this board, please post your system specs (including processor capabilities), distro of linux you are using, and whatever questions and comments you have, good luck! :D

I removed the previous build, as SDL_static builds were not using actual static libraries whoops, I've also added a binary for windows with the latest source with sound at boot enabled, as well and one for linux. For windows just put boing.wav in the same place as SheepShaver.exe. For Linux, put boing.wav in your user's home directory. I didn't include the source to these changes as the package maintainers don't seem too keen on them ever making it to the source as its not emulation but a dirty (harmless) hack, i'll post a diff file if requested.

I also added a version set with more compatability possibly by not using bincue, mon, or libvhd, i named it plain.

Edit: I split the archives into 3 parts, Linux32 with startupsound, with just the binaries and common files, the source stuff including patches and an unmodified full source set and build instructions for windows and linux, and windows 32 binary with playsound.

**I included the PlaySound patch for windows and linux, please don't bother the devel mailing list with it, thx.**

-SheepShaver_Linux32_061812.7z 1.38 MB
http://www.mediafire.com/?558387sq63qki3s

-SheepShaver_SourceStuff_06182012.7z 9.23 MB
http://www.mediafire.com/?medhk5b5p9mdr5c

Includes:
blk_uuid.h
CXMON_broken.patch
cxmon-3.2.tar.gz
cxmon-3.2-1.i386.rpm
cxmon-3.2.1.src.rpm
cxmon-3.2.1.x86_64.rpm
gcc_fix.patch
libvhd.h
PlaySound.patch
SheepShaver_Build.txt
src.tar.gz
vhd.h
win32configure.patch
------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 32bit Stuff
------------------------------------------------------------------
-SheepShaver_win32_StartupSound_061812.zip 6.46MB
http://www.mediafire.com/?054kdk4addqpyhj

Also included in this file for your convience only, unaltered!! is emendelson corrected windows keycode.txt file,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/keycodes.txt
Complete Documentation + libraries build by Cat_7 dated 5/5/2010
http://www.open.ou.nl/hsp/downloads/She ... 5_2010.zip
and more startup sounds (katool & Cat_7)
http://www.open.ou.nl/hsp/downloads/StartupSounds.zip
----------------------------------------------------------------------

README.txt
----------------------------------------
SheepShaver v2.3 06/18/12 Linux 32-bit Compile Effort
Initiated & Compiled by Drathian
----------------------------------------

Hi, i made a few folders here with different builds (/bin/SheepShaver) on Magiea 2 i586 32-bit Linux, I'll detail each
folder with what options were used (to test in the same folder cd to the place with the SheepShaver that you need
and run after:

Code: Select all

sudo chmod +x SheepShaver
NEW: I added the ability for a sound to play at boot, install libsndfile1, AND libsndfile-progs, and then simply place
a boing.wav in your users home directory. ie: /home/myusername/boing.wav

NEW2: Compiled with gcc-4.6.3, with the gcc patch by Amade, unfortunately nothing changed on my system but somehow the latest cvs broke cxmon possibly for good. :/ Assume all options are compiled with --without-mon until further notice. I included the PlaySound patch for windows and linux, please don't bother the devel mailing list with it, thx.

If it doesn't work make sure the application sndfile-play is in your PATH, harmless aesthetic addon.

./SheepShaver
#or

ldd ./SheepShaver
# to see what libs you are missing

GLOBAL OPTIONS:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cebix.net:/home/cvs/cebix login ##password: "anoncvs"
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cebix.net:/home/cvs/cebix checkout BasiliskII
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cebix.net:/home/cvs/cebix checkout SheepShaver
cd BasiliskII
cd src
cd Unix
cd Linux
cd NetDriver
make
sudo make install
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd SheepShaver
make links
cd src/Unix/
NO_CONFIGURE=1 ./autogen.sh
# ./configure $OPTIONS
make
strip SheepShaver
sudo make install
#$OPTIONS

#for FOLDER full:

./configure --enable-sdl-audio --with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER full_vosf:

./configure --disable-vosf --enable-sdl-audio --with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER noSDL:

./configure --with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER SDL:

./configure --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER SDL static:

./configure --enable-sdl-static --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video -with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER vosf_NoSDL:

./configure --disable-vosf --with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER vosf_SDL:

./configure --disable-vosf --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER vosf_SDLstatic:

./configure --disable-vosf --enable-sdl-static --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --with-bincue --with-libvhd --with-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER plain:

./configure --without-bincue --without-libvhd --without-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER plain_vosf:

./configure --disable-vosf --without-bincue --without-libvhd --without-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER plainSDL:

./configure --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --without-bincue --without-libvhd --without-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER plainSDL_vosf:

./configure  --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --disable-vosf --without-bincue --without-libvhd --without-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER plainSDLstatic:

./configure --enable-sdl-static --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --without-bincue --without-libvhd --without-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
#for FOLDER plainSDLstatic_vosf:

./configure --enable-sdl-static --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --disable-vosf --without-bincue --without-libvhd --without-mon CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.5.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.5.2
-I included my modifed source with the cxmon fix patch code.patch already applied updated.src.tar.gz you'll still need to cd into src/SheepShaver and "make links" before its usable,
as well as in common/Netdriver a 32bit sheep_net.ko, pretty sure it may be distro restricted so i also included a common/NetDriver/src folder where you can build simply with the
make command provided you have your gcc gcc++ compiler and kernel headers and kernel-devel packages installed correctly.

(to undo my patch it should be as simple as running in src

patch -p1 < code.patch
note I also added the files blk_uuid.h, libvhd.h, vhd.h in /src/SheepShaver/src/includes.

COMPILE REQUIREMENTS (for builders least on rpm based linux):

gcc < 4.5.4

with packages gcc, gcc-cpp, gcc-c++, libgcc1, libstdc++, libstdc++-devel, libppl7 in compatible version mode.
and xen, xen-devel, and cxmon

****************WARNING make sure to backup your old files of these versions, as I know for instance libstdc++ in WILL
BREAK firefox (your web browser from working so you can't troubleshoot or downloand from the web when you do this)
until you update it back to the current version)****************

in order to force install an rpm its best to first try in the order below:

sudo urpmi package.rpm
sudo urpmi package.rpm --allow-force
sudo rpm -ivh package.rpm --force
sudo rpm -ivh package.rpm --force --nodeps

You can certainly try the --prefix or --suffix commands, they ARE safer but I couldn't get them to work properly at compile time.

ABOUT mon:
in order to get mon to compile as recongized even if you go to:

http://cxmon.cebix.net and install the rpms. It won't be detected until you:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cebix.net:/home/cvs/cebix login ##password: "anoncvs"
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cebix.net:/home/cvs/cebix checkout mon
the folder layout should be like so

src
-BasiliskII
-mon
-SDL-1.2.15
-SheepShaver

don't forget to:

make links
Enjoy (hopefully) ^_^ Drathian

P.S.

If it takes too long to compile try make -j# where # is number and amount of processors/threads you have:

mine:

make -j8
before its usable,
as well as in common/Netdriver a 32bit sheep_net.ko, pretty sure it may be distro restricted so i also included a common/NetDriver/src folder where you can build simply with the
make command provided you have your gcc gcc++ compiler and kernel headers and kernel-devel packages installed correctly.

(to undo my patch it should be as simple as running in src

patch -p1
Last edited by Drathian on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:33 am, edited 18 times in total.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: (TESTING) SheepShaver for 32-bit Linux 06/11/2012

Post by Cat_7 »

Thanks for this comprehensive collection of builds!

On a fresh ubuntu 12.04 (32 bit) in VMWare on Windows 7 (32 bit):
I had to install libesd and libhvd and create a simlink to libvhd.so.1.0 => /usr/lib/libvhd.so.1.0
I just started testing "full", but it seems to run very nice.

Best,
Cat_7
Last edited by Cat_7 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
Drathian
Student Driver

Re: (TESTING#2) SheepShaver for 32-bit Linux 06/16/2012 w/ B

Post by Drathian »

I did an update, with new builds, a windows build, all with boing sound capability. What i'm really wondering is if the build works on older computers, as I compiled it with support for MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 (not sure if it will work on computers without SSE3, testers?), SSE3 should make it faster with jit of course, but not certain if it will run on SSE2 only computers, package maintainers, question?
yksoft1
Master Emulator

Re: (TESTING#3) SheepShaver for 32-bit Linux 06/18/2012 w/ B

Post by yksoft1 »

What gcc version you used in your Windows build? Is it cross-built or built natively on Windows?
In my experience building on Windows, only the older Mingw 3.4.5 will build a working copy, I cannot build a Sheepshaver that doesn't crash on booting with TDM-4.3.3, Mingw official 4.4.0 and 4.5.1.